C 12 VR Tube Condenser Microphone
One of the most famous tube microphones in the history of recording was the legendary AKG C 12. In spite of vast changes in microphone engineering, these microphones in good condition are still very much sought after and extremely expensive. Therefore, studio engineers vigorously demanded a rerun.
The C 12 VR is an exact replica of the original C 12, from the cap-sule sound to the original 6072A vacuum tube. The only difference is that its self noise and some components were optimized to meet the current state of the art. No less than nine remotely selectable polar patterns, the legendary large-diaphragm capsule, and an original 6072A vacuum tube provide a sound that is simply beyond words.
The C 12 VR comes complete with an aluminum carrying case, power supply, cable, windscreen, and spider type shock mount.
- Classic 1-inch condenser tube performance of the original AKG C 12
- Dual diaphragm, 1" diameter gold sputtered mylar foil
- Multiple patterns remotely controlled with silent switching
- Uses the original 6072 vacuum tube
- Uses the original 1950's dual diaphragm design for that same warmth, of the original
- Polar patterns: omnidirectional, cardioid, and figure-8, with 6 intermediate patterns
- Internal microphone switching for pre-attenuation of -10, -20 dB and boost of +10 dB
- External (in control unit) two-position bass cut/roll-off
- Frequency response 30 Hz - 20 kHz (2.5 dB from published curves)
- Impedance: 200 ohms (25%) Recommended load impedance: 1000 ohms or greater
- Output connector (from control unit): XLR (pin 2 positive)
- Output connector (from microphone): Tuchel 12-pin
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz: 10 mV/Pa for all patterns; -40 dB (dB re 1 V/Pa)
- Equivalent noise level (A-weighted): 22 dB (DIN 45412)
- Sound pressure level for 3% THD: 128 dB (equivalent to 50 Pa)
- Pre-attenuation: -10 and -20 dB (at microphone)
- Sensitivity increase: 10 dB (at microphone)
- Low frequency roll-off/bass cut: two-position (at control unit)
- Power requirement: 115/230 Vac Microphone
- Aluminum flight case, N12 VR remote PSU, H15/T elastic suspension, MK12V R 30' cable & W42 foam windscreen