A reference-quality microphone especially used for accurate, beautifully-detailed pickup of any acoustic instrument.
With the introduction of the Next Generation C 414 B-XL models, AKG sets new benchmarks for useful features, improved technical specifications, ease of use and available accessories. All of these improvements are answers to requests from ever-demanding recording studios, broadcast stations and concert engineers, but with the basic sonic character of the legendary C 414 unaltered.
- High sensitivity and extremely low self noise
- Five switchable polar patterns for placement and application flexibility
- Two-color LEDs provide quick visual indication of selected polar pattern and output overload
- Elastic capsule suspension greatly minimizes structurally-transmitted noise from chassis vibration
- H 85 professional shock mount/stand adapter, PF 80 external pop filter and W 414 X external windscreen.
- High sound pressure level capability and wide dynamic range
- immune to electrostatic/magnetic interference thanks to metal housing & transformerless output
- Three switchable bass cut filters and three pre-attenuation pads with LEDs for quick visual indication
- All switchable components operate in low impedance circuits for ultra-high reliability even in humid conditions
- Optional R 414 remote control unit offers full control of all parameters via XLR-type connectors
- truly a one-for-all mic at a great price Review by Jason Berkley
Quality Features Value
This mic excels at everything that I have used it for, but mainly I use it for piano and vocals which its sounds just amazing. The crisp and yet full bodied sound it lends to pianos is exactly what I am looking for in a mic.
It comes with a great sturdy case, a well designed shock mount, a pop filter and a windscreen - all for a very respectable price. This is one mic worth having. (Posted on 7/25/2012)
- 414 XLS Review Review by Frederik
Value Quality Features