The AKG C 414 XL II condenser microphone is the successor to the famous AKG C 414 B-TL II mic. The AKG C 414 XL II mic shows the unique sonic signature of the highly sought after AKG C 12 which enables lead vocals and solo instruments to be placed even in a dense mix. The unrivaled up-front sound is also well-known for distant miking applications like classic music recording or drum ambiance miking.
The XL II mic version differs from the XLS version in one major respect—the capsule. Both the slight presence boost and the impressive spatial reproduction is similar to the legendary AKG C 12 microphones.
The AKG C 414 XL II offers 9 pickup patterns for you to choose the perfect setting for every application. For live-sound applications and permanent installations, all controls can be disabled easily enabling trouble-free use. A Peak Hold LED displays even shortest overload peaks.
AKG ships the C 414 XL II microphone complete with carrying case, pop filter, windscreen, and a spider-type shock mount.
For over 60 years, leading musicians and engineers have used legendary AKG microphones to capture their sound so their audience hears every nuance. The C 414 family has been one of the world's most widely-used and respected studio and stage microphones in audio history. AKG has continually set new benchmarks for useful features, improved technical specifications, and ease of use to answer requests from ever-demanding recording studios, broadcast stations, and audio engineers.
The ARF-42 - Small but mighty Ambient Room Filter
Our Swiss Army filter. A couple of ARF-42s in your tool kit can cover almost any situation. Use on vocals, drums, guitars, woodwinds or any acoustic instrument.
- Upgrade of the AKG C 414, a legend since 1971
- Nine selectable pickup patterns enables to choose the perfect setting for every application
- Lock Mode: all controls can be disabled easily for trouble-free use
- Peak Hold LED even detects shortest overload peaks
- Incredible Dynamic Range of 152dB
- Three switchable different bass cut filters and three per-attenuation levels
- Leading-edge technology and state-of-the-art components ensure shortest signal path and extra protection against moisture
- Designed, engineered, and built in Vienna, Austria Excellent for:
- Lead vocals
- Lead instruments
- Choir miking
- Drum overhead miking
- Classic music recordings
There are other reflection filters on the market. Some are inexpensive and not so good and some others are good but crazy expensive. Post Audio hits the sweet spot with filters that do their job very well, are professional quality and are still reasonably priced. That's probably why Post Audio is the largest distributor of reflection filters in the USA.