Fender’s first U.S.-made Jaguar Bass is a sleek and powerful beauty, upgraded with a versatile P/J pickup configuration, combination top-load/stringthrough-body High-Mass Vintage bridge, lightweight Fender “F” tuners with A-string retainer, and body-end truss rod adjustment. The split-single-coil Precision Bass® pickup is made with alnico 5 magnets, while the single-coil Jazz Bass® bridge pickup has ceramic bar magnets with hex-screw pole pieces. All the other great Jaguar Bass features are here too, including the fast and comfortable maple neck, 9.5”-radius rosewood fingerboard with 20 medium jumbo frets and elegant aged white pearloid block inlays, multi-ply pickguard, lower horn pickup on/off and series/parallel switching, and upper-horn active/passive switch for dual-circuit design with inset bass and treble control wheels. Hard-shell case included.
Originally designed only as a limited edition, the Jaguar Bass turned into a hit and remains a staple in the Fender lineup. A truly versatile instrument, used by artist as diverse as Sergio Vega (Deftones), Pino Palladino (The Who, John Mayer), Colin Greenwood (Radiohead) and more. By popular demand, this is the first US version of the model.
Since 2005 Fender have shipped tens of thousands Jaguar basses around the world. With several offshore versions, along with the best-selling Squier models, the Jaguar bass has impacted a wide array of players. This is a hip and tonally flexible instrument, an example of Fender paying homage to its legacy of seminal bass design in a cool modern package.
- P/J pickup configuration, Active/Passive, as well as Series/Parallel electronics for unparalleled versatility. Everything from the growl and mid-range of a Jazz Bass to the powerful thump of a Precision bass.
- Fast, modern-radius neck, combination top-load/string-through high mass bridge, pearloid block inlays, and lightweight “F” tuners, and a Stealth string retainer.
- Available in 3-Tone Sunburst, Olympic White, Black, and Mystic Red. Hardshell case included
- Series: American Standard
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: GlossPolyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Modern "C" Shape
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethanewith Gloss Headstock Face
- String Nut: Bone, 1.50" (38.1mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5" Radius (241 mm)
- Frets: 20, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Block
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: 4-Saddle High-Mass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Pickguard:4-Ply Brown Shell on (700, 705), 3-Ply Mint Green on (706, 794)
- Tuning Machines: Fender "F" Lightweight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickups: Single-Coil Jazz Bass®with Adjustable Hex Screw Pole Pieces American Vintage '62Split Single-Coil Precision Bass® (Middle) and Ceramic Bar Magnets (Bridge)
- Strings: Fender® USA NPS, (.045, .065, .085, .105)
- Controls: Lower Control Plate: Master Volume, Master Tone(Functions in Passive Mode Only) Upper Control Plate: Active/Passive Slide Switch, Treble Boost/Cut Thumb Wheel, Bass Boost/Cut Thumb Wheel
- Pickup Switching: Lower Switch Plate: P Bass® Pickup On/Off Slide Switch, J Bass® Pickup On/Off Slide Switch, Series/Parallel Slide Switch (Operates Only When Both Pickups are On)
- Special Electronics: 9V Active Preamp
- Other Features: Posiflex™ Graphite Neck Support Rods, Stealth "A" String Retainer, Single Disk String Tree, Oversized Strap Retaining Strap Buttons, Black Jazz Bass Control Knobs, Rear Mounted Battery Compartment, "Spaghetti" Fender Logo
- Case/Gig Bag: Hardshell Case