Designed as the ideal preamp for any application, the tube driven DPS II adds warmth and texture to any audio source. This two-channel high performance preamp uses a hand selected 12AX7A tube in the low noise input circuitry. This, coupled with ART's proprietary V3 (Variable Valve Voicing) and variable input impedance allows the DPS II to deliver incredible performance from cost effective single space rackmount solutions.
In the case of the DPS II, the added convenience of direct digital output connectivity making it an ideal expander for any computer interface or sound card with RCA S/Pdif digital input.
V3 provides optimized reference points to begin the recording process. The V3 presets were created and fine-tuned by some of the industry's top studio and live-sound engineers. V3 technology allows you to select between a multitude of presets designed for guitars (electric and acoustic), keyboards, bass guitars, drums, vocals and more.
- Variable Input Impedance
- Improved V3 Variable Valve Voicing Presets
- LED Input Meter with Analog Output Meter
- Enhanced ART Tube Technology Adds Warmth
- Automatically switches between instrument and microphone preamp
- Wide Frequency Response (5hz/50kHz)
- Enhanced OPL Output Protection Limiter
- 24bit/96KHz A-to-D Conversion
- S/PDIF, TOSLINK or ADAT Digital Output)
- CMMR: >75dB (typ. @ 1kHz)
- Dynamic Range: > 100dB
- Equivalent Input Noise: -129dBu (A weighted, xlr to xlr)
- Frequency Response: 5Hz to 50kHz (+0 to -1dB)
- Input/Output Connections: 1/4" RTS unbalanced. Tip = input, Ring = analog output. 10K Input impedance. 0dBu = digital clip point at input level max. Level control offers full mute at min setting.
- Sample Rate: Internal Selectable 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz
- External: Wordclock, ADAT.
- Wordclock Input: BNC connector, 100 Ohms (terminated), 3.25V p-p min, 25KHz (min) to 105KHz (max) sample rate.
- Optical Input: ADAT optical Selectable for sample rate locking. Also used as a source of ADAT data to be transmitted on unused ADAT channels.
- Optical Output: ADAT optical or S/PDIF selectable.
- ADAT Mode: Contains 24 bit ADAT data arranged DPS CH1 = ADAT odd channel(s), CH2 = even channel(s).
- Maximum Gain: 74dB (inst. input to xlr)
- Maximum Gain XLR to XLR: 80dB
- Maximum Input Level: +19dBu (xlr); +22dBu (inst. input)
- Maximum Output Level: +28dBu (xlr); +22dBu (1/4")
- Phantom Power: +48 volts
- Total Harmonic Distortion: .01% (clean), 0.1% (warm)
- Vacuum Tube: 12AX7A - Dual Triode (Hand Selected)
- Dimensions: 5.5"d x 19"w x 1.75"h
- Weight: 4.85 lbs (2.2 kg)
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
- Good sounding and fairly priced pre Review by Harrison
Quality Features Value
It has a pretty good feature set - including digital connectivity. It's a good sounding preamp and has a lot to offer for this price point. Recommended. (Posted on 7/27/2012)