The USBDualTubePre is a compact dual channel tube preamp for any basic recording system. Capable of operating as a standalone unit with USB audio interface, or as an expander for any digital system with S/PDIF digital input, each channel in the USBDualTubePre delivers superior tube tone in a fully featured input strip.
Each input of the USBDualTubePre has independent input gain control and output level, phase inversion, low frequency roll-off, true 48v phantom power and a user defeatable opto-compressor circuit capable ensuring superior dynamic control or any input source.
For monitoring, an 1/8-inch TRS mini headphone jack with level and monitor mix controls allow latency free local monitoring of the inputs while recording as well as playback monitoring of audio mix via the USB bus. The monitor mix is also routed to the 1/4-inch TRS balanced outputs with separate level control for control room monitor source.
The USB interface is fully USB compliant. No special drivers are needed.
- Two channel Tube based Mic/Instrument preamp computer interface
- Extremely low noise discrete front end with variable input and output controls
- Advanced optical output compressor to simplify recording and prevent overload
- USB connectivity to desktop and laptop computers
- S/PDIF output for expanding inputs on digital workstations and computer interfaces
- Latency free Monitoring Mix and Level controls
- Balanced XLR for lo-Z applications and 1/4" hi-Z inputs for instrument DI applications
- Separate Gain, Phase Invert, Low Cut Filter and Compressor switches on each input
- Selectable Dual or Stereo operation of output controls
- Switch selectable Inserts on each channel
- Insert jacks provide a preamp direct out for each channel
- Stereo/ Dual operation of Optical Compressor
- Mono switch for single input monitoring
- S/PDIF Sample Rate switch selectable between 44.1K and 48K
- Precision LED metering of both the preamp and A/D sections
- Built-in low noise +48 Volt phantom power supply
- Compact, stackable all aluminum chassis