The Audio-Technica AT831B is a miniature cardioid lavalier microphone with a sensitivity and frequency response suitable for professional video, broadcast and sound reinforcement applications. The cardioid polar pattern is effective minimizing off-axis signal, providing high gain-before-feedback while using nearby monitors and speakers.
The wide frequency response of 40Hz to 20kHz enables audio signal to be reproduced with accurate detail and minimal noise at low frequencies. The miniature capsule enables the microphone to be hidden underneath clothing and the included windscreen protects against noise caused by plosive signals and wind.
- Miniature Capsule
- The miniature, unobtrusive capsule allows for easy concealment underneath clothing.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The cardioid polar pattern is effective in minimizing audio signal at the off-axis sections of the capsule. This provides high gain-before-feedback response while using nearby monitors and speakers.
- High Sensitivity
- The frequency and sensitivity response of the AT831 result in transparent, pristine audio signal reproduction with low noise floor.
- Element: Condenser
- Phantom Power Requirements: 9 - 52V, 2 mA typical
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Battery Type: 1.5V AA/UM3
- Frequency Response: 40 - 20,000 Hz
- Battery Current/Life: 1 mA/1000 hours typical
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -45 dB (5.6 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Switch: Off/on-flat/on-roll-off , Off battery only
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Low-frequency Roll-off 150 Hz, 6 dB per octave
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 126 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Weight: 0.1 oz (2.8 g)
- Signal To Noise Ratio: 65 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Power Module: In-line
- Dynamic Range :(Typical) 97 dB, 1 kHz at Max. SPL
- Output Connector: XLRM-type (power module)