The Avalon V5 follows the tradition of the U5 DI box, which has been in continuous production since 1995 and is used by leading music professionals in both studio and live sound reinforcement applications.
The Avalon V5 introduces a new generation of this tried and true idea, loaded with professional features including a low noise, high-gain, Pure Class A, microphone preamplifier, and a 10 mega ohm instrument DI input with zero impedance loading and a +36dB maximum input capability for active preamp-line sources like acoustic and electric guitars, bass, keyboards and synthesizers.
A transformer-isolated reamping output offers multiple input-output configurations with all inputs available, including polarity reverse. Sealed silver relays provide transparent signal path routing while custom, ultra-high performance rotary switches deliver smooth gain control in accurate 2dB steps.
A unique passive tone selector allows ten contours (six from the U5 tone bank) including two passive high pass filters and two vocal-instrument enhanced passive air-lift low frequency curves.
Additional features include a passive low pass hiss & buzz filter, a wide range, professional analog VU meter with expanded scale -30dB to +18dB with twin peak LEDﾒs for fast signal capture.
The Avalon V5 has a truly unique feature set utilizing 100% discrete, DC coupled, Pure Class A amplifiers for ﾓDeep and Controlled Bassﾔ together with a ﾓMusical Midrangeﾔ for enhanced Vocal and Instrument resolution. With reamping options, the passive TONESHAPING network and multiple output choices the Avalon V5 will continues Avalonﾒs passion and commitment to sonic excellence.
- Pure Class A, 100% discrete design
- Smooth musical detail and sonic excellence
- Variable gain preamp to +30dB.
- Dual microphone and line outputs
- Hi-Z 3,000,000 ohm input impedance
- Very low noise -100dB
- High headroom +30dB
- Six tone bank selections.
- DC coupled Class A output for superior bass
- High cut switch eliminates noise
- LED active signal indicatorHeadphone monitor output jack
- Low distortion less than 0.5% THD and IMD
- High level 400 watt speaker input
- Active to thru selector - ground isolation switch
- 100% discrete power supplies for audio path
- Internal toroidal power supply for low noise
- Long lasting, stainless steel hardware
- Audio Circuit Topology: 100% discrete, high-voltage Class A
- Gain Range: Gain switched 2dB steps, +/-0.2dB
- Line: -2dB ~ +38dB Transformer balanced, 9,000 ohms
- Instrument: +2dB ~ +42dB Unbalanced, 10,000,000 ohms
- Microphone Hi-Z: +20dB ~ +60dB Transformer balanced, 6,600 ohms
- Microphone Lo-Z: +26dB ~ +66dB Transformer balanced, 1,800 ohms
- PAD (Passive input attenuator): Line -13dB, Instrument -10dB, Mic -15dB
- Phantom Power: +48v regulated, 10mA
- Input-Output Connectors: XLR, pin-2 hot, all jacks TRS (tip=hot)
- Maximum LINE output level: +30dBu, DC coupled, balanced 600 ohms
- Maximum ISOLATED output level: +12dBu, transformer isolated, unbalanced
- Headphone Output: 0.5w, 600 ohms
- Noise 22Hz-22kHz Unweighted: -98dBu typical, minimum gain (-128dB EIN)
- Distortion THD, IMD: 0.05% at +10dBu, 0.5% at +30dBu
- Frequency Response, -/+0.5dB: 2Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response, -3dB: 2Hz to 500kHz (input band limited)
- VU Meter: Professional, wide range -30dB ~ +18dB
- Signal LED: LED peak capture blue 0dB, red +20dB
- High cut filter: -3dB at 3.7kHz, minimum phase design
- Tone Selector: 10 passive filter-tone selections
- Polarity reverse: All outputs (relay switched)
- AC Power: Internal toroidal AC supply 115v~230v
- Fuse: REAR selectable, 50/60Hz, 0.5A, 35w max
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 3.5 x 12 in
- Weight: 10lb.