Imagine a killer fuzz tone like Jimi at his best, with that creamy fuzz driving his Marshall into incredible sustain. For many fans, that tone is their holy grail. Unfortunately, the quest to find it is more like ﾓchasing the dragonﾔ because thereﾒs so much hype and misleading information out there. Windowpane cuts through that nonsense with experienced engineering for tone so authentic youﾒll swear the grail has landed on your pedal board.
Windowpaneﾒs two sequentially-wired silicon transistors are properly biased at the factory and the tone is dialed in with a carefully selected treble roll-off on the second transistor, recalling the slightly mellowed top end of early germanium transistor fuzz pedals. But unlike those old classics, Windowpane fuzz pedals are remarkably consistent from one to the next, thanks to reliable, predictable silicon transistors and low-tolerance 1% metal-film resistors. Add in high-voltage poly caps on a rugged circuit board and Windowpane delivers the mind-altering fuzz tone youﾒre after, gig after gig. And when you donﾒt want to melt faces, a properly engineered true hardwire bypass means signal passes entirely around the circuit, from input jack to output jack without a hint of loading.
- Hand-biased silicon transistors
- 50K Ohms Low Z input for authentic vintage fuzz pickup loading
- 10K Ohms output impedance when engaged
- 1% metal-film resistors for consistency
- High-voltage poly caps for better tone
- Military-spec circuit board for reliability
- Blue status LED for high visibility and low power consumption
- Easy access battery compartment
- True hardwire bypass
- 5-year warranty