Carl Martin Compressor/Limiter has been specially developed to incorporate the same features and sonic clarity found in high quality professional studio compressors. To achieve this we incorporated a variable threshold, -variable compression ratio, -variable attack and release controls and of course, a gain level.
General Guidelines on the use of the Compressor/Limiter:
- Threshold: Working anti clockwise, determines how much of the signal will be compressed. This is also dependent on how much signal is fed from the instrument.
- Comp: Working clockwise, determines how much compression is applied to the signal allowed by the threshold setting.
- Resp: Working clockwise, determines the attack/release times, going from slow to fast. In general, if you want to hear the compressor working with a crisp attack you should use slow times. If you require just a silent limiting you should use fast times.
- Gain: Working clockwise, sets the overall gain.
- Busy: Indicates the amount of compression being applied, even in bypass mode. The brighter it gets, the more compression is being applied.
- Power:100 or 115 or 230 VAC 50-60Hz
- Power consumption:2,4 Watts
- S/N ratio:105dB
- Input impedance:1M Ohm
- Output impedance:200 Ohm
- THD distortion:0,05%
- Threshold range:60 dB
- Compression range:from 1:1 to 1:00
- Responce range:from 125 mS to 12,5 mS
- Gain range:+-20 dB
- Dimension:120(D) 95(W) 77(H)