The PCC-160 is the industry-standard stage floor microphone, while the other models provide an elegant solution for discrete multi-mic applications such as lecterns and boardroom tables as well as altar, teleconferencing and distance-learning applications.
Each of the PCC Series microphones employs Crown’s Phase Coherent Cardioid boundary microphone technology to provide impressive gain before feedback and directional pickup without sacrificing tonal quality. This results in microphones with a wide, smooth frequency response, free of phase interference from surface sound reflections and the microphone's sensitivity is boosted 6 dB by the surface mounting.
Designed to withstand the rigors of the stage, the PCC-160 microphone has been finely crafted using the very best materials possible while maintaining affordability. Its low profile enables it to be placed inconspicuously on the stage floor, on a lectern, or any other appropriate surface.
The PCC-160 can be phantom powered directly from the console or other remote power source providing 12 to 48 volts. If battery power is required, a battery supply unit can be inserted anywhere in the mic line right up to the console or mixer. A “bass tilt” switch allows the user to tailor the low-end response for particular applications.ﾠ Thanks to its low profile and black finish, the microphone becomes almost invisible in use. A side-mounted connector complements the form factor of the PCC-160, allowing the unit to be placed effectively at the stage edge, at the top of a lectern or in other tight spots. If desired, the cable can be hard-wired for bottom entry.
The heavy-gauge, all steel body protects the unit from accidental abuse. Permanent mounting is enabled by screw holes in the base. Engineering attention-to-detail has assured years of trouble-free use from this reliable microphone.
Capable of withstanding up to 120 dB SPL without distorting, the PCC-160 will never overload in practical use. Its electret condenser capsule provides a wide, smooth frequency response from 50 Hz to 18 kHz. RFI suppression is included. Self-noise is low, and sensitivity is very high to override mixer noise in distant miking applications. Output impedance is 150 ohms, balanced.
- Type: Phase Coherent Cardioid.
- Element: Electret condenser.
- Polar pattern: Half-supercardioid (supercardioid in the hemisphere above the primary boundary).
- Impedance: 150 ohms nominal (85 ohms actual), balanced. (Recommended load impedance 1000 ohms or greater.)
- Open-circuit sensitivity: 22mV/Pa (ﾖ33 dB re 1 V/ Pa).
- Power sensitivity: ﾖ31 dB re 1 milliwatt/Pa/ﾖ123 dBm EIA.
- Equivalent noise level (self noise): 22 dB typical (0 dB = .0002 dyne/cm2), A-weighted.
- S/N ratio: 72 dB at 94 dB SPL.
- Maximum SPL for 3% THD: 120 dB SPL.
- Polarity: Positive pressure on the diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3 of output connector.
- Cable: 15-foot, black, two-conductor shielded cable with Switchcraft TA3F connector and A3M connector.
- Operating voltage: Standard phantom power: 12 to 48 volts DC positive on pins 2 and 3 with respect to pin 1.
- Current drain: 4 mA nominal.
- Materials: All steel body construction.
- Finish: black.
- Net weight: 11.5 oz. (326 g).
- Dimensions: 6.7" (17.018cm) length, 3.2" (8.128cm) width, .84" (2.13cm)height