From the Manufacturer
EJ14, a D'Addario 80/20 Bronze hybrid gauge, combines the medium gauge bottom strings for increased resonance and volume with light gauge top strings for more comfortable playability and single note bending. A popular choice for bluegrass pickers but suitable for many genres.
80/20 Bronze, commonly referred to as brass, is the original acoustic string alloy selected by John D'Addario Sr. and John D'Angelico in the 1930s. 80/20 Bronze strings are popular for recording due to their crisp, deep and projecting tone and appeal to many traditionalists and vintage enthusiasts for their historical significance. All D'Addario acoustic strings are wound on a hexagonally shaped, high carbon steel core, resulting in long lasting, bright sounding tone with excellent intonation.
D'Addario, the world's largest manufacturer of musical instrument strings, is known as The Players Choice with a reputation for unsurpassed quality and consistency. D'Addario's innovative packaging reduces waste and provides protection from corrosion. All D'Addario strings are manufactured in the U.S.A. using proprietary, digitally controlled, state-of-the-art machinery for unmatched performance, set after set.
- A D'Addario hybrid gauge combining medium bottom strings with light top strings for a big sound with comfortable playability
- Extra-bright tone mixed with deep and projecting bottom end
- Corrosion resistant packaging for strings that are always fresh
- Made in the U.S.A. for the highest quality and performance
- String Gauges: Plain Steel .012, .016, Bronze Wound .025, .035, .045, .056