From the Manufacturer
EPS165-5 is the 5-string version of the most popular D’Addario hybrid bass set which combines the high strings from an EPS170 (.45 and .65) with the low strings from an EPS160 (.85 and .105). With the addition of the .135 Low B string, this set is optimal for players looking for the ideal combination of biting high end, punchy lows and super long life. Fits basses with a string scale length of up to 36 1/4 inches.
ProSteels are D'Addario's brightest and most magnetic bass strings. A specialized steel alloy delivers harmonically rich, brilliant high-end coupled with deep, tight lows that work in tandem to create the coveted "Piano tone" steel players crave. Great for both articulate fingering or aggressive picking, ProSteels give you the extra edge and punch you need to cut through the mix.
D'Addario, the world's largest manufacturer of musical instrument strings, is known as The Players Choice with a reputation for unsurpassed quality and consistency. D'Addario's innovative packaging reduces waste and provides protection from corrosion. All D'Addario strings are manufactured in the U.S.A. using proprietary, digitally controlled, state-of-the-art machinery for unmatched performance, set after set.
- 5-string version of our popular hybrid EPS165 which combines EPS170 and EPS160 for ideal combination of tone and feel with bigger bottom end
- D'Addario's brightest and most magnetic bass strings offering harmonically rich, deep and penetrating tone
- Fits long scale basses with a string scale length of up to 36 1/4 inches
- Made in the U.S.A. for the highest quality and performance
- String Gauges: Wound .045, .065, .085, .105, .135