From the Manufacturer
Referred to as Custom Light, EXP13 strings are a D'Addario original hybrid gauge and a comfortable compromise for players who want the depth and projection of light gauge bottom strings, but slightly less tension on the high strings for easy bending.
D'Addario EXPs are the most natural-sounding, longest-lasting coated strings available. EXP Coated Technology starts with the highest quality wrap wire materials, precision drawn and micro-coated on our advanced proprietary machinery. Strings are then wound normally, delivering tone and feel identical to D'Addario's world renowned acoustic strings, with a minimum of 4 times more life. You won't believe they are coated!
D'Addario, the world's largest manufacturer of musical instrument strings, is known as The Players Choice with a reputation for unsurpassed quality and consistency. D'Addario's innovative, packaging reduces waste and provides protection from corrosion. All D'Addario strings are manufactured in the U.S.A. using proprietary, digitally controlled, state-of-the-art machinery for unmatched performance, set after set.
- Custom gauging for balance of projecting tone and lighter plain strings for comfortable bending
- Extra-bright tone mixed with deep and projecting bottom end, EXP Coated for 4 times more life
- Includes D'Addario's exclusive NY Steel, the same high carbon steel found in the NYXL series for unprecedented strength and pitch stability.
- Environmentally friendly, corrosion resistant packaging for strings that are always fresh
- String Gauges: Plain Steel .011, .015, Bronze Wound .022, .032, .042, .052