From the Manufacturer
EXP160 delivers all the tone and performance of our popular EXL160 bass set, offering the ideal combination of bright, booming tone and light, comfortable feel with 4 times more string life. Fits long scale basses with a string scale length of up to 36 1/4 inches.
D'Addario EXPs are the most natural-sounding, longest-lasting coated strings available. EXP Coated Technology starts with the highest quality wrap wire materials, precision drawn and micro coated on our advanced proprietary machinery. Strings are then wound normally, delivering tone and feel identical to D'Addario's world renowned XL line of bass strings, with a minimum of 4 times more life. You won't believe they are coated!
D'Addario, the world's largest manufacturer of musical instrument strings, is known as The Players Choice with a reputation for unsurpassed quality and consistency. D'Addario's innovative packaging reduces waste and provides protection from corrosion. All D'Addario strings are manufactured in the U.S.A. using proprietary, digitally controlled, state-of-the-art machinery for unmatched performance, set after set.
- Coated version of D'Addario's popular XL160 medium gauge electric bass set
- EXP Coated nickelplated steel for distinctive bright tone and 4 times more life
- Fits long scale basses with a string scale length of up to 36 1/4 inches
- Made in the U.S.A. for the highest quality and performance
- String Gauges: Wound .050, .070, .085, .105