The 4003 is an omnidirectional high-voltage (130 V) condenser microphone with extremely linear frequency response and extended low frequency handling capability (-2 dB at 10 Hz).
The high sensitivity and the low noise-floor of the 4003 makes the microphone the perfect choice for all professional recordings.
The 4003 is acoustically identical with the studio standard 4006, but differs in the powering system.
The hi-voltage system enables the 4003 to handle app. 10 dB higher SPL than the 4006. The impressive dynamic range of the 4003, together with the wide range of acoustic pressure equalizers and protection grids puts the 4003 in the top league of studio quality microphones.
Features: 4003 Omni Microphone (130 V)
- detailed and natural reproduction
- high sensitivity and low noise-floor
- excellent for concert halls and spot miking for acoustical instruments
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: 16 mm (0.63 in) pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB: 10 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±2 dB: 40 mV/Pa; -27 dB re. 1 V/Pa unloaded (at 250 Hz)
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 15 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 17 dB(A))
- Equiv. noise level ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 27 dB (max. 29 dB)
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 79 dB
- Total harmonic distortion (THD):
- Dynamic range: Typ. 120 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 154 dB SPL peak (f
- Output impedance:
- Cable drive capability: With HMA5000: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply: 130 V via HMA5000
- Connector: 4-pin modified XLR-M (High Voltage)
- Weight: 150 g (5.29 oz)
- Capsule diameter: 16 mm (0.63 in)
- Microphone length: 165 mm (6.5 in)
- Operating temperature range: -40 to +55°C (-40 to 131°F)