4060 Omnidirectional, Hi-Sens
DPA 4060 minature condenser microphone on acoustic guitarDPA 4060 miniture condensor microphone on acoustic guitarsound samples: DPA 4060 miniature condenser microphoneOriginally designed for use with wireless systems in theater, television and close-miked instrument applications, the 4060 capsule is highly unobtrusive.
Because of their small size, these tiny condensers exhibit an exceedingly accurate omnidirectional pattern and therefore do not need to be aimed directly at the sound source to achieve quality pickup.
Excellent speech and vocal mics, DPA miniatures are de facto theatre standards. Musicians and engineers use them as live or studio microphones for close-miking acoustic string instruments like violin, guitar, bass, viola and harp. On television, DPA's small condenser microphones are popular as lavalier lapel and tie clip mics.
Two grids are supplied (one high boost and one soft boost) and by changing these grids you can acoustically modify the microphone's response according to their placement on the body - the chest, the head etc.
A wide range of connection adapters makes it possible to use DPA miniature microphones with all professional UHF, VHF or digital wireless system available plus 48 V Phantom.
DPA has specific adapters for AKG, Audio Ltd., Audio-Technica, Beyerdynamic, Electro-Voice, Lectrosonics, Micron, Mipro, Pastega, Telex ProStar, Ramsa, Samson, Sennheiser, Shure, Sony, Toa, Vega and other systems. Each adapter for your cordless microphone is guaranteed to perfectly mate to your system of choice.
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser element with vertical diaphragm
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB: Soft boost grid: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 3 dB soft boost at 8 – 20 kHz. High boost grid: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 10 dB boost at 12 kHz.
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz: 20 mV/Pa; -34 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 23 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 26 dB(A))
- Equiv. noise level ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 35 dB (max. 38 dB)
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 71 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1 % THD up to 123 dB SPL peak; < 1 % THD up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Typ. 100 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 134 dB
- Output impedance: 30 – 40 ohm
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply: For wireless For wireless systems: Min. 5 V – max. 50 V through DPA adapter. With DAD6001-BC/DAD6024/DAD4099: 48 V phantom power ±4 V for full performance.
- Connector: MicroDot
- Microphone weight: 7.5 g (0.26 oz) incl. cable and MicroDot connector
- Microphone diameter: 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
- Microphone length: 12.7 mm (0.5 in)
- Cable length: 1.8 m (5.9 ft)
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
- Temperature range: -40 °C to 45 °C (-40 °F to 113 °F)
- Relative Humidity (RH): Up t 90%