EV engineering and innovation working together for maximum sonic impact.
The EKX series is the newest member of the Electro‑Voice portable loudspeaker family, and combines legendary EV sound quality and reliability with the latest technology — all in a compact package suitable for a wide range of sound reinforcement scenarios, including musicians/DJs and live/club/installed sound applications.
The EKX series features eight models (four powered and four passive), including 12" and 15" two-way models and 15" and 18" subwoofers. EKX is positioned above the ZLX and ELX series and below the ETX series.
Signal Synchronized Transducers™ (SST)
EV‑patented Signal Synchronized Transducers™ (SST) waveguide design on full‑range models provides precise and consistent coverage.
Ideal for portable and installed applications
Lightweight, compact 15‑mm wood enclosures with internal bracing, durable EVCoat finish, eight M10 threaded mounting points (full‑range models), aluminum pole‑mounts, and all‑metal handles. Subs feature large slot ports for low distortion and excellent bass extension, and are equipped with a metal grille reinforcement bar.
- EKX-12: 1400 W (peak), 131 dB peak SPL utilizing high-sensitivity transducers designed and engineered by EV.
- EV-patented Signal Synchronized Transducers™ (SST) waveguide design provides precise and consistent coverage.
- Lightweight, compact 15-mm wood enclosure with internal bracing, and durable EVCoat finish.
- Eight M10 threaded mounting points, aluminum pole mounts, and all-metal handles.
- 90˚ x 60˚ pattern for best coverage on mid-size stages. 40˚ monitor angle with rubber feet.
- Axial Sensitivity (SPL, 1 W @ 1 m) 95 dB
- Maximum SPL 131 dB Maximum SPL is measured at 1 m using broadband pink noise at rated peak power rating
- Nominal Impedance 8 Ω
- Power Handling (Continuous / Peak) 350 W/1400 W
- Frequency Response (-3 dB) 82 Hz - 18 k Hz Full Space Measurement
- Frequency Response (-10 dB) 55 Hz - 20 k Hz Full Space Measurement
- Recommended High-Pass Frequency 55 Hz
- Coverage (Nominal -6 dB) H 90 °
- LF Transducer EVS-12M 300 mm (12 in)
- HF Transducer DH-1M 1-inch titanium compression driver
- Crossover Frequency 1.6 k Hz
- Minimum Impedance 7.5 Ω
- Connector Type Dual NL4
- Enclosure Material 15 mm, plywood with EVCoat
- Grill 18 AWG steel with powdercoat
- Suspension (8) M10 threaded mounting points
- Height 607 mm (23.9")
- Width 375 mm (14.76")
- Depth 356 mm (14.02")
- Weight Net 17.4 kg (38.36 lbs)
- Shipping Weight 21.4 kg (47.18 lbs)