The EKX series features eight models (four powered and four passive), including 12" and 15" two-way models and 15" and 18" subwoofers. EKX is positioned above the ZLX and ELX series and below the ETX series.
Signal Synchronized Transducers™ (SST)
EV‑patented Signal Synchronized Transducers™ (SST) waveguide design on full‑range models provides precise and consistent coverage.
Ideal for portable and installed applications
Lightweight, compact 15‑mm wood enclosures with internal bracing, durable EVCoat finish, eight M10 threaded mounting points (full‑range models), aluminum pole‑mounts, and all‑metal handles. Subs feature large slot ports for low distortion and excellent bass extension, and are equipped with a metal grille reinforcement bar.
- 1600 W (peak), 134 dB peak SPL on the EKX-18S utilizing highsensitivity transducers designed and engineered by EV.
- Lightweight, compact 15-mm wood enclosure with internal bracing, and durable EVCoat finish.
- Large slot ports for low distortion and excellent bass extension.
- Metal grille reinforcement bar (two bars on the EKX-18S).
- M20 threaded pole mount plate.
- Axial Sensitivity (SPL, 1 W @ 1 m) 96 dB
- Maximum SPL 134 dB
- Nominal Impedance 8 Ω
- Power Handling (Continuous / Peak) 400 W/1600 W
- Frequency Response (-3 dB) 50 Hz - 100 Hz Half Space Measurement
- Frequency Response (-10 dB) 35 Hz - 300 Hz Half Space Measurement
- Recommended High-Pass Frequency 30 Hz
- LF Transducer EVS-18C 457 mm (18 in)
- Minimum Impedance 7 Ω
- Connector Type Dual NL4
- Enclosure Material 15 mm, plywood with EVCoat
- Grill 18 AWG steel with powdercoat
- Height 520 mm (20.47")
- Width 606 mm (23.86")
- Depth 612 mm (24.09")
- Weight Net 31.8 kg (70.11 lbs)
- Shipping Weight 40.1 kg (88.41 lbs)