The Black Metal is a 100% pure analog high gain distortion pedal that summons everything from classic to modern metal. The High and Low EQ knobs, coupled with Egnaters signature Tight switch allow the Black Metal to handle lower tunings while staying tight and defined.
The built in gate provides essential noise and feedback control for tight rhythm playing. The Black Metal also features a foot-switchable mid range section with depth and level controls.
The mid range feature provides complete reign over the vital mid frequencies. The Black Metal features a solid zinc housing designed to withstand the abuse of the road.
- The "fast gate" offers two sensitivity settings to accommodate to aggressive or lighter playing styles.
- Foot-switchable MID side of the pedal alters the mid range from severely scooped for heavy rhythm to a boosted mid range for more cut, especially for solos
- Low battery LED monitor with increasing flashing as the voltage drops
- Automatic bypass coupled with high quality sealed relay "true bypass" switching circuits for uninterrupted performance if battery voltage becomes too weak for proper operation
- Volume and Gain Controls
- High and Low Tone Controls
- Low EQ: +8dB / -10dB @ 180Hz Passive
- High EQ: +6dB/ -8dB @ 4kHZ Passive
- Tight Switch -6dB/octave roll off @ 110Hz
- Gate with selectable Hard or Soft Threshold
- Depth Range: -18dB to +15dB @400Hz Active
- Level Range: -10dB to 8dB Active