1968 was a transitional year for Fender amps, with tone that was still pure Fender but a look that was brand new. With a silver-and-turquoise front panel and classy aluminum ?drip edge? grille cloth trim, the Twin Reverb received a fresh new face as it remained the backline amp of choice for pros and amateurs everywhere. Clear, deep and powerful, it produced big tube tone, with world-class Fender reverb and vibrato effects. For countless guitarists ever since, the Twin Reverb has been the go-to amp for classic Fender sound.
The ?68 Custom Twin Reverb Amp pays tribute to the classic look, sound and performance of Fender?s late-?60s ?silver- face? amps. In a special twist, both channels boast reverb and tremolo, and the ?custom? channel has a modified Bassman tone stack that gives modern players greater tonal flexibility with pedals. The amp also features quicker gain onset and reduced negative feedback for greater touch sensitivity. The ?68 Custom Twin Reverb?s dual 12? Celestion G12V-70 speak- ers also deliver a more distinctively rock ?n? roll flavor.
- Model Name: ?68 Custom Twin Reverb, 120V
- Model Number: 2273000000
- Series: Vintage Modified
- Color: N/A
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Custom Channel: Bright Switch, Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass.
- Vintage Channel: Bright Switch, Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, Reverb, Speed, Intensity
- Voltage: 120V
- Wattage: 85 Watts into 4 Ohms
- Inputs: Four - (1/4", Two Custom and Two Vintage)
- Speaker Jack: Two 1/4" Parallel
- Channels: Two - (Custom and Vintage)
- Pilot Light Jewel: Blue Jewel
- Handle: Molded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Tilt Back Legs: Includes Tilt-Back Legs
- Front Panel: Silverface Style
- Grill Cover: Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Silver-Turquiose Grille Cloth
- Amplifier Depth: 10.375" (21.9 cm)
- Amplifier Width: 26.15" (66.4 cm)
- Amplifier Height: 19.87" (50.46 cm)
- Amplifier Weight: 64 lbs. (29 kg)
- Effects: Reverb, Vibrato
- Speaker: Two - 12" Celestion G12V-70
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Pre Amp Tubes: Groove Tubes - (4 x 12AX7), (2 X 12AT7)
- Power Tubes: Groove Tubes - (4 x 6L6)
- Unique Features: Modified Twin Reverb all-tube circuitry, shared reverb and tremolo on both channels, ?Vintage? channel for traditional silverface tonality, modified ?Custom? channel with Bassman tone stack, reduced negative feedback for greater touch sensitivity, hand-wired tube sockets, custom-made Schumacher transformers (like the originals), genuine Fender tube-driven spring reverb, genuine Fender tube-driven tremolo (?vibrato?), 1968-style Silverface aluminum trim around silver-turquoise grille cloth, five-year warranty (United States and Canada; other territories may vary).
- FootSwitch: 2-Button Footswitch Included
- Knobs: Vintage-Style Skirted Black Plastic
- Cover: Fitted Cover Included