American Standard Series An American Standard instrument is instilled with the spirit of the legends who’ve shaped it, yet it gives you the freedom to carve your own legacy. And with more than 100 steps invested into creating each instrument, the American Standard is handcrafted with our legacy in mind. This is it–our handmade American classic. Learn More The Flagship U.S. Stratocaster The U.S.-made flagship of the Stratocaster lineup, as beautiful as it is functional.
This is the go-to Strat model—the latest iteration of a time-honored classic crafted for those who appreciate and aspire to pure Fender style and quality. An instrument at the very heart of Fender, the American Standard Stratocaster is where the real thing starts, built with the very essence of great Stratocaster tone, phenomenal feel and peerless performance.
- Full-sounding Fender Custom Shop Fat ’50s pickups
- Comfortable modern neck profile and fingerboard radius
- Aged plastic parts
- Two-point synchronized tremolo bridge
Ash and Alder Bodies Two great tonewoods long used by Fender for the majority of its electric guitar bodies. Alder is noted for bright, balanced and resonant tone with pronounced upper midrange, excellent sustain and sharp attack. Strong and more dense, ash is used for select American Standard finishes and is notably resonant and sweet sounding, with clearly chiming highs, defined midrange and strong low end.
Modern Neck and Fingerboard This American Standard instrument features a modern neck designed for comfort and performance, with a contemporary “C”-shaped profile and a smooth satin-finish back. The fingerboard features a modern 9.5” radius, with comfortably rolled edges for instantly “broken in” feel and medium jumbo frets. Upgraded Modern Bridges
Upgraded Modern Bridges For superior intonation, sustain and ease of adjustment, American Standard guitars feature modern bridges with upgraded features. This two-point tremolo Stratocaster bridge has bent steel saddles and a special copper-infused block for even greater sustain and more fluid tremolo action.
Custom Shop Pickups For sparkling single-coil tone with superior performance, this American Standard Stratocaster features three specially voiced Fat ’50s pickups straight from the very best of our best, the Fender Custom Shop.
Polyurethane Finish with Thinner Undercoat This finish offers the superior look and durability of polyurethane, applied to a thinner undercoat that lets the instrument’s body wood flex, breathe and resonate more freely for a more unconstrained and natural-sounding voice. Staggered Tuners
Staggered Tuners Staggered tuners present tuning posts of differing heights that increase the break angle of the strings over the nut. On American Standard guitars, the D, G, B, and high E string tuning posts are set lower than the A and low-E strings, creating a greater string angle that improves performance and helps eliminate buzz.
- Body material: Alder
- Body Finish: Urethane
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)
- Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Switch Tip: Aged White
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt with Micro-Tilt™ Adjustment
- Strings: Fender® Super 250L, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Bent Steel Saddles with Elongated String Slots, Copper Infused High Mass 100% Metal Bridge Block, Thinner Undercoat Finish for Improved Body Resonance, Tinted Neck, Aged Plastic Parts.
- Case/Gig Bag: Hardshell Case
- Included Accessories: Hardshell Case, Cable, Strap, Polishing Cloth