The American Vintage series introduces an all-new lineup of original-era model year guitars that bring Fender history and heritage to authentic and exciting new life. With key features and pivotal design elements spanning the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s, new American Vintage series instruments delve deep into Fender's roots—expertly preserving an innovative U.S. guitar-making legacy and vividly demonstrating like never before that Fender not only knows where it's going, but also remembers where it came from.
The American Vintage Series has long presented some of Fender's best selling guitars (their early-'80s introduction, in fact, was one of the first signs that Fender was "back" as the CBS era ended). Today, Fender has boldly cleared the slate to make way for a fresh American Vintage series with new features, new specs and the most meticulous level of vintage accuracy yet. Rather than just replacing the previous models with different ones, we've completely and comprehensively re-imagined the entire vintage-reissue concept—restoring original tooling dies, voicing new pickups, reformulating vintage colors and more—based on actual vintage guitars we tracked down to make sure we had it right. We did the work, and it shows, because there's pure tonal magic in each new American Vintage instrument.
The American Vintage '56 Stratocaster takes you straight back to mid-1956, when the model was still new and when what is quite possibly the most prized and popular neck ever affixed to the instrument first appeared—a thick one-piece maple neck with a soft "V" shape and comfortably rounded edges. Such meticulous authenticity even extends to the single-ply white pickguard with eight holes, lightweight alder body (ash on white blonde) with deep contours, and vintage-accurate pickups, bridge saddles, tuner spacing and more.
- Model Name: American Vintage '56 Stratocaster
- Series: American Vintage
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Shape: Thick Soft "V"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Neck Material: Maple
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Pickup Configuration: S/S/S
- Bridge Pickup: American Vintage Single-Coil '56 Strat
- Middle Pickup: American Vintage Single-Coil '56 Strat
- Neck Pickup: American Vintage '56 Strat Single-Coil Pickup (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Bridge: American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- String Nut: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Single Line "Fender Deluxe" Vintage Style
- Strings: Fender USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Mid-'56 thick maple neck with soft "V” profile and comfortably rolled edges-one of the most popular Fender neck styles ever; All-new pickups wound to period-correct specs and sound; Vintage-accurate bridge saddles and tuner spacing
- Control Knobs: White Plastic