Fender American Vintage 65 Jazzmaster RW Neck Olympic White with Case
The American Vintage series introduces an all-new lineup of original-era model year guitars that bring Fender history and heritage to authentic and exciting new life. With key features and pivotal design elements spanning the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s, new American Vintage series instruments delve deep into Fender's rootsï¾—expertly preserving an innovative U.S. guitar-making legacy and vividly demonstrating like never before that Fender not only knows where it's going, but also remembers where it came from.
The American Vintage Series has long presented some of Fender's best selling guitars (their early-'80s introduction, in fact, was one of the first signs that Fender was "back" as the CBS era ended). Today, Fender has boldly cleared the slate to make way for a fresh American Vintage series with new features, new specs and the most meticulous level of vintage accuracy yet. Rather than just replacing the previous models with different ones, Fender completely and comprehensively re-imagined the entire vintage-reissue conceptï¾—restoring original tooling dies, voicing new pickups, reformulating vintage colors and moreï¾—based on actual vintage guitars they tracked down to make sure they had it right. They did the work, and it shows, because there's pure tonal magic in each new American Vintage instrument.
The American Vintage '65 Jazzmaster takes you back to the middle of that musically momentous decade, when the reverb-drenched surf had largely receded and the Jazzmaster began its steady decade-long ascent toward alternative indispensability for subversive new generations of iconoclastic guitarists. It had also acquired some elegant new design features by 1965, such as a bound round-laminated rosewood fingerboard with larger pearl dot inlays, and distinctive white "witch hat" control knobs. Available in 3-Color Sunburst and limited Aztec Gold finishes.
- Model Name: American Vintage '65 Jazzmaster, Round-Lam Rosewood Fingerboard, Olympic White
- Model Number: 0112200805
- Series: American Vintage
- MSRP: $2874.99
- Color: Olympic White
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster
- Body Finish: Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Mid '60s "C"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- Position Inlays: Dot
- Fingerboard: Bound Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge Pickup: American Vintage '65 Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Neck Pickup: American Vintage '65 Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup; 2-Position Slide: Up: Rhythm Tone Circuit, Down: Lead Tone Circuit
- Controls: Lead Circuit: Volume, Tone. Rhythm Circuit: Volume, Tone
- Hardware Finish: Chrome/Nickel-Plated Steel
- Bridge: American Vintage Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button
- String Nut: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Single Line "Fender Deluxe" Vintage Style
- Strings: Fender USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Bound round-laminated rosewood fingerboard with larger pearl dot inlays; White "witch hat" control knobs; All-new pickups wound to period-correct specs and sound, with classic dual-circuit wiring and controls; Vintage-style floating tremolo with lock button
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Brown Shell
- Control Knobs: White "Witch Hat"