The American Vintage series introduces an all-new lineup of original-era model year guitars that bring Fender history and heritage to authentic and exciting new life. With key features and pivotal design elements spanning the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s, new American Vintage series instruments delve deep into Fender's roots—expertly preserving an innovative U.S. guitar-making legacy and vividly demonstrating like never before that Fender not only knows where it's going, but also remembers where it came from.
The American Vintage Series has long presented some of Fender's best selling guitars (their early-'80s introduction, in fact, was one of the first signs that Fender was "back" as the CBS era ended). Today, Fender has boldly cleared the slate to make way for a fresh American Vintage series with new features, new specs and the most meticulous level of vintage accuracy yet. Rather than just replacing the previous models with different ones, we've completely and comprehensively re-imagined the entire vintage-reissue concept—restoring original tooling dies, voicing new pickups, reformulating vintage colors and more—based on actual vintage guitars Fender tracked down to make sure we had it right. They did the work, and it shows, because there's pure tonal magic in each new American Vintage instrument.
The 1965 Stratocaster saw the return to a thick C-shaped maple neck, this time with a round-laminated dark rosewood fingerboard and larger pearl dot inlays. That's what players will find on the American Vintage'65 Stratocaster, along with other authentic features including a three-ply white pickguard with 11 holes, lightweight alder body, aged plastic knobs and vintage-accurate pickups, bridge saddles, tuner spacing and more. In Three-color Sunburst, Olympic White and limited Dakota Red finishes.
- Model Name: American Vintage '65 Stratocaster
- Series: American Vintage
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Shape: Mid '60s "C"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Pickup Configuration: S/S/S
- Bridge Pickup: American Vintage Single-Coil '65 Grey-Bottom Strat
- Middle Pickup: American Vintage '65 Grey Bottom Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: American Vintage '65 Grey Bottom Single-Coil Strat
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Bridge: American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- String Nut: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Single Line "Fender Deluxe" Vintage Style
- Strings: Fender USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Thick C-shaped maple neck with round-laminated rosewood fingerboard and larger pearl dot inlays; All-new pickups wound to period-correct specs and sound; Vintage-accurate bridge saddles and tuner spacing
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic