Aura Spectrum DI is the complete tone solution for the acoustic musician featuring award-winning Aura Acoustic Imaging technology that restores a studio-miked sound to your undersaddle or soundhole pickup.
Housed in a professional quality all-metal case, Aura Spectrum DI features a 3-band EQ, one-knob compressor, automatic feedback suppression with up to 3 notches, chromatic tuner, effects loop, plus a high-quality balanced XLR D.I. The included Aura Image Gallery software provides access to an ever-expanding list of instruments recorded using world-class studio mics and techniques.
Aura Spectrum DI is not only incredibly versatile, but it also delivers the most realistic acoustic sound available for stage or studio.
What is Aura?
Aura Acoustic Imaging Technology uses digital algorithms developed in Fishman’s audio laboratories to restore a studio-miked sound to an acoustic instrument. To achieve this, Fishman recorded instruments using world-class microphones and techniques to capture an “Image” of the natural sound that your acoustic instrument emits when miked in a professional studio. This Image, when recorded direct or played through an amp, mixer or PA, blends with your instrument’s pickup to produce an incredibly accurate recreation of the original recording.
Aura Acoustic Imaging processors sound best when used with Fishman undersaddle pickups and magnetic soundhole pickups. When Fishman record each instrument, they used their Acoustic Matrix undersaddle pickup. So, when you play through an Aura processor, you’ll get the best results using the Acoustic Matrix pickup. It's not recommended to use soundboard-mounted pickups, bridge-plate pickups, multi-sensor pickups or microphones for Aura products since they include unnecessary resonances that can interfere with the Aura processing
- Award-winning Aura Acoustic Imaging
- 128 pre-loaded Images for use with the most popular acoustic instruments
- Instrument Preamp with Balanced XLR D.I. out
- Volume, Blend, and Image Select controls
- Three band EQ
- One-knob compressor
- Automatic anti-feedback with up to 3 notches
- Built-in chromatic tuner with bypass/mute
- 16 user-configurable Image locations
- USB interface for Image downloading from Aura Image Gallery (software included)
- Feedback-fighting Phase switch
- Automatic D.I. Ground Lift
- 9-Volt Battery or optional adaptor operation
- Input impedance: 10M Ohm
- Input trim gain range: -10dB to +2dB
- Nominal Output impedance: 3.5k Ohm
- Maximum Output level (onset of clipping): +3dBV
Digital signal path:
- A/D, D/A conversion: 24-bit
- Signal processing: 32-bit
- Baseline noise: -97dBV (A-weighted)
- Dynamic range: 100dB (A-weighted)
- Power supply: 9V battery or 9VDC adapter
- Typical in-use current consumption: 25mA
- Typical 9V battery life: 20 hours using alkaline battery (40 hours using lithium battery)
- 9V adapter: Fishman 910-R (for 110V) or suitable filtered and regulated, 200mA type, tip = negative
- Low (bass) control:±12dB @ 70Hz
- Midrange control:±12dB @ 1kHz
- High (treble) control:±12dB @ 6.5kHz
Anti-Feedback Notch Filter (3 notches):
- 100Hz Default Frequency
- 50Hz to 750Hz Search Range
- 0.25 Octave bandwidth
- 13.5dB Attentuation
- Phase switch: Forward position = non-inverting
- Dimensions: 5.6" L x 5.25" W x 2.1" H
- Weight: 1.7 lbs.
- 1/4" mono input & output w/input trim control
- Balanced XLR D.I.
- 1/4" effects loop
- 24-bit A/D/A conversion