Tobacco Sunburst over swamp ash body, 1-ply white pickguard, clear gloss neck finish, maple fingerboard
The G&L ASAT Classic is Leo’s final word on the traditional single-cutaway bolt-on axe. Framed in a classic boxed-steel bridge, the single-coil Magnetic Field Design bridge pickup created by Leo Fender† delivers crisp attack with complex harmonics while individual brass saddles offer modern levels of intonation refinement. Flip to the single-coil MFD neck pickup and you’ll discover a delectably rich tonal palette, from round clean jazz tones to thick, gritty blues. Put ‘em together and you’ll find a whole ‘nother level of heaven.
The Tribute Series ASAT Classic is dripping with Leo mojo at a price attainable for every working musician. Once you play a G&L Tribute Series, you’ll never look back.
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: Leo Fender†-designed G&L MFD™ single coils made in Fullerton, California
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash on translucent and burst finishes, Basswood on solid finishes
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1 5/8"
- NECK RADIUS: 9"
- NECK PROFILE: medium C
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, nickel
- TUNING KEYS: 18:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: traditional boxed-steel bridge with individual brass saddles
- CONTROLS: 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone
- Excellent quality in an imported, affordable guitar
Features Value Quality
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
- Excellent quality in an imported, affordable guitar Review by Great Budget Telecaster-Style Guitar
Features Value Quality
One issue that I had with quality was the tone pot was loose on the plate...and I wasn't able to get the knob off that easily to tighten it up...I don't want the tone pot to rotate freely inside the guitar, as this will eventually lead to wiring breakage...and issues there.
As for sound...the LEO pickups (MFD) are American made...and have superb clarity and the volume and tone controls ACTUALLY do something...No MORE turning the pots all the way up...The tone control is terrific on these all the way up...By turning the guitar down...you get a nice Telecaster sound variety...but they are superbly clean and authentic all the way up, too. The neck pickup is a nice, clean pickup that would work for anything...and the neck and bridge combo is heavenly.
I'm very satisfied with my ASAT Classic Tributes. I would recommend them to any musician...especially if you're on a tight budget...
(Posted on 1/17/2016)