The HEIL PR 20 UT (Utility) is the award winning dynamic PR 20 microphone. To help reduce the cost we have pared down the packaging options. The PR 20/22 UT comes with a stainless mesh grill, a foam windscreen, and a mic clip in a vinyl zipper bag. Specifications and performance characteristics remain at the high level that the PR 20 brings, wide frequency range, the ability to handle +140 dB SPL and -35 dB of rear rejection that makes the PR 20 and PR 20/22 UT the answer for a wide range of professional applications. No cutting corners on the microphone here-open a PR 20 UT and you are getting a PR 20.
Heil Sound's president and founder Bob Heil explains, "The PR 20 is shipped standard with an abundance of accessories which includes interchangeable gold, silver and black screw-on grill screens, plus a plush padded carrying case. While many customers appreciate and use these items, there is a large group of musicians, sound companies and contractors who need a simple 'one-take' PR 20. By streamlining the packaging, we can dramatically lower the price without one single alteration to the microphone itself. Think of it as a PR 20 without the 'bling'!
- Generating element: Dynamic with strong neodymium magnetassembly
- Body: Steel
- Frequency response: 40Hz to 18kHz
- Impedance: 600 ohms balanced
- Output level: -55dB @ 1,000 Hz.
- Polar pattern: Cardioid, uniform front-to-backdiscrimination
- Diaphragm: Large diameter low-mass aluminum
- Matte black epoxy finish with stainless mesh grill
- Net weight: 14 oz.