JBL 3 Series 8 inch Powered Studio Montior
Bringing professional studio reference monitoring to customers at a remarkably affordable price, HARMAN’s JBL Professional today introduced its 3 Series studio monitors. The first studio monitor line to incorporate JBL’s patent-pending Image Control Waveguide, 3 Series is designed to deliver exceptional imaging and detail in any listening environment. With a distinctive appearance, rugged build, pristine sound, and most affordable price points, the new 3 Series will be welcomed by music, post and broadcast production customers working in stereo and surround sound formats.
Leveraging new technology developed for JBL’s flagship M2 Master Reference Monitor launched earlier this year, the 3 Series features JBL’s patent-pending Image Control Waveguide enabling the listener to hear greater depth and ambience in recordings. Surrounding the high frequency tweeter, and located directly above the woofer, the waveguide precisely controls the sound emanating from the monitor in the vertical and horizontal planes. With a complex contour employing tiny, meticulously engineered ridges, the waveguide optimizes the phase relationship of the loudspeakers, and also the blend of directed and reflecting sound arriving at the listening position. The product of intensive R&D, the waveguide design allows subtle detail to be heard, even in a dense mix. The waveguide produces a wide stereo panorama with a rock-solid phantom-center image. In addition, the waveguide enables 3 Series models to deliver neutral sound across an unusually large working space, regardless of room acoustics, eliminating the need for the customer to be positioned directly in front of the monitors when making critical adjustments to the mix.
- Frequency Range: 37Hz - 24khz
- Max Peak SPL: 112 dB SPL C-Weighted
- Max Peak Input: +23 dBu
- LF Driver Size: 203 mm (8")
- HF Driver Size: 25 mm (1")
- LF Driver Power Amp: 56 W Class D
- HF Driver Power Amp: 56 W Class D
- LF Trim Control: +2 dB, 0, -2 dB
- HF Trim Control: +2 dB, 0, -2 dB
- Input Types: 1 x XLR, 1 x TRS Balanced
- AC Input Voltage: 100-240 VAC +/- 10% 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 419 mm x 254 mm x 308 mm (16.5 in x 10 in x 12.1 in)
- Weight: 8.6 kg (18.9 lbs)