- Music playback and sound reinforcement.
- Entertainers, corporate A/V professionals and sound system hire companies.
- Permanent Installation.
The VRX918SP is a powered, suspendable subwoofer system containing a 2268FF neodymium magnet, patented Differential Drive, 18" woofer in a front-loaded, vented enclosure. The VRX918SP was designed specifically for use in arrays with the VRX932LAP Line Array speaker and VRX-AF Array Frame. In addition it may also be used in arrays consisting entirely of VRX918SP subwoofers.
Equally at home in ground stacked applications, the VRX918SP is equipped with a top-mounted, threaded, 20 mm socket that can receive the optional SS4-BK pole. This adjustable height pole can be used to mount speakers equipped with standard 36 mm pole sockets and weighing up to 50 kg (100 lb). The threaded socket minimizes buzzing and rattling and assures that the pole will be secure and straight.
The enclosure is constructed of top quality birch plywood, coated in JBLﾒs rugged DuraFlex finish and is heavily braced to maximize low-frequencyperformance. The attractive CNCmachined, 16-gauge steel grille is internally lined with acoustically transparent foam to provide additional driver protection and give a very professional appearance. The rear of the enclosure is fitted with T-nuts which may be used to attach the optional WK-4S caster kit.
- Built-in JBL DrivePack DPC-2 amplifier module designed by Crown provides 1500 Watts of peak power. DSP based resident input module provides system optimization, EQ and crossover functionality.
- 18 inch, 2268FF dual voice coil, neodymium magnet Differential Drive woofer for high-power capacity and light-weight.
- Integral rigging hardware for simple connection of enclosures and optional array frame.
- 20 mm threaded pole socket for solid, secure satellite speaker mounting.
- Large port area for reduced distortion.
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 31 Hz - 220 Hz
- Frequency Response (ﾱ3 dB): 34 Hz - 220 Hz
- Maximum Peak Output1: 126 dB SPL at 1m
- LF Driver: 1 x JBL 2268FF 457 mm (18 in) dual voice coil
- Differential Drive woofer with neodymium-magnet
- Bandpass Nominal Impedance: LF: 2 x 2 ohms
- DPC-2 Internal Amplification Output (at nominal load): 1500 Watts Peak, 750 Watts Continuous
- DPC-2 Output as (Continuous IEC shaped pink noise into rated load impedance): LF: 750 Watts
- DPC-2 Output Section: LF: Dual-Bridged Technology, Class D
- Audio Input Connector: XLR with loop through
- User Controls: Input Attenuator (0-16 dB)
- Selectable 80 Hz or 120 Hz Low Pass
- 80 Hz High-Pass enable/disable for XLR loop thru.
- Signal Processing: DSP based, resident in Input Module
- System Management: DSP based limiters for mechanical and thermal protection.
- AC Power Operating Range: 90-132 VAC or 216-264 VAC, 50/60Hz
- AC Line Voltage: User selectable: 120V/240V (-15%, +10%)
- AC Input Connector: Neutrik PowerCon (NAC 3MPA)
- AC Loop Through Connector: Neutrik PowerCon (NAC 3MPB)
- AC Current Requirements: 6A per system at 120V, 3A per system at 240V
- Enclosure: 18 mm birch plywood.
- Suspension / Mounting: Optional VRX-AF line-array frame kit or 10 mm forged eyebolts
- Finish: Black DuraFlex finish
- Grille: Powder coated, black, 16-gauge perforated steel with acoustically transparent foam
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 508 mm x 597 mm x 749 mm (20.0 in x 23.5 in x 29.5 in)
- Net Weight: 38.5 kg (85 lb)
- Optional Accessories: VRX-AF array frame
- SRX718S-CVR: Pull-over padded cover (works with WK-4S)
- SS4-BK adjustable satellite speaker pole
- WK-4S Caster kit
The VRX-AF is an array frame kit designed to be used for suspension of the VRX932LA-1 line array loudspeaker and the VRX918S. The optional array frame kit includes an array frame, four quick release pins, a pair of forged 3/8" shackles, and a pair of drop levers.
For some applications, it may be necessary to pull back the array from the bottom in order to achieve the desired coverage. Every VRX-AF is supplied with a spare set of quick release pins and a pair of spare drop levers that are used to adapt a second array frame to the bottom of a VRX932LA-1 array. Once these are installed on the bottom enclosure, the array frame may be attached as previously described.
Ground-stacked, upward aimed array: Applications such as covering stadium bleachers from the playing field may be addressed by installing the VRX-AF array frame to the bottom of the array as described above. Up to four VRX932LA-1 loudspeakers may be locked together and ground stacked using the VRX-AF array frame kit, as shown.
- 1 x center frame
- 2 x side arms
- 4 x quick release pins
- 2 x drop levers
- 2 x 3/8? shackles
It's able to support a working load limit of 520 pounds at a 10:1 Design Factor.