- Music playback and sound reinforcement in small to mid-size venues.
- Entertainers, corporate A/V professionals and sound system hire companies.
- Permanent installations.
VRX928LA 8" Two-Way Line Array Loudspeaker System
The VRX928LA is a lightweight (28 lb / 13 kg) compact 8" two-way linearray speaker system designed for use in arrays of up to six units. VRX928LA is the ideal choice when line-array performance is needed but the venue size doesnﾒt call for the very long-throw characteristics of larger line-arrays such as JBLﾒs VERTEC or VRX932LA.
The Constant Curvature waveguide mounts two compression drivers on a continuous arc. When additional VRX928LA speakers are added to the array the uninterrupted arc continues. In effect, all the drivers work together as if they were a single driver on a very long waveguide. Since there are two HFdrivers in each VRX928LA, the combined power handling and acoustic output of the system is far greater than a single driver could achieve.
VRX928LA uses ﾓamplitude shadingﾔ to shape the coverage of the array. Switches on the input plate allow, for example, the upper box in an array toreach the distant rear of a room while the lower box is shaded back to reduce excessive level at the front of the listening area.
One or two VRX928LAs may also be used on a tripod or over the VRX915S subwoofer. The integral rigging hardware is used to securely lock the arraytogether.
As many as six VRX928LA speaker systems may be suspended in a single array for a nominal vertical coverage of up to 90ﾰ. Suspended applications require the JBL VRX928LA-SMAF array frame (available separately). For applications in which the array must be aimed sharply down, a second Array Frame may be installed to the bottom of the array serving as a pull-back.
- JBLﾒs exclusive neodymium magnet Differential Drive woofer for high power capacity and lightweight.
- Two patent-pending neodymium HF compression drivers.
- Constant Curvature waveguide for unprecedented array coherence
- Fly combinations of VRX928LA and Subwoofers (VRX915S) with optional array frame (VRX-SMAF)
- Integral rigging hardware for simple connection of enclosures and optional array frame. Arrays of up to six enclosures may be flown.
- Dual angle pole socket for aiming flexibility. One or two speakers may be mounted to a 35 mm pole or tripod stand.
- Array Configuration Selector permits ﾓarray shadingﾔ in passive mode.
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 70 Hz -20 kHz
- Frequency Response (ﾱ3 dB): 87 Hz - 19 kHz
- Coverage Pattern: 100ﾰ x 15ﾰ nominal (horizontal x vertical), single unit
- Crossover Modes: Bi-amp / passive, externally switchable
- Crossover Frequency: 2.0 kHz
- Power Rating1: 400 W / 800 W / 1600 W
- (Continuous / Program / Peak): Bi-amp LF: 400 W / 800 W / 1600 W
- Bi-amp HF: 130 W / 60 W / 120 W
- System Maximum SPL2: 122 dB SPL peak (passive mode)
- LF: 122 dB (bi-amp mode)
- HF: 128 dB (bi-amp mode)
- System Sensitivity (1w @ 1m): 90 dB SPL (passive mode)
- LF: 90 dB (bi-amp mode)
- HF: 108 dB (bi-amp mode)
- LF Driver: 1 x JBL 2168H-1, 200 mm (8 in) Differential Drive woofer
- HF Driver: 2 x JBL 2414H, 25 mm (1.0 in) neodymium compression driver
- Nominal Impedance: Passive: 18 ohms
- Bi-amp LF: 18 ohms
- Bi-amp HF: 16 ohms
- Active Tunings: Tunings available at www.jblpro.com
- Enclosure: 15 mm - 25 mm, multi-ply birch plywood
- Suspension / Mounting: Dual 36 mm pole socket included. Suspension requires optional VRX-SMAF line array frame kit or M10 eyebolts.
- Transport: Integrated handle with backing cup
- Finish: Black DuraFlex finish
- Grille: Powder coated, black, 18 gauge perforated steel with acoustically transparent black foam backing.
- Input Connectors: Neutrik Speakon NL-4 (x2)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 230 mm x 419 mm x 267 mm (9.0 in x 16.5 in x 10.5 in)
- Net Weight: 12.7 kg (28 lb)
- Optional Accessories: VRX928LA-SMAF: Suspension Array Frame
- SS2-BK: Tripod Speaker Stand
- SS3-BK: Satellite Speaker Pole
- SS4-BK: Adjustable satellite speaker pole to be used with VRX915S or VRX918S.