- Live performance systems
- Mobile and fixed DJ systems
- Sound system rental and tour
The VRX918S is a compact, high power suspendable subwoofer system containing a 2268H neodymium magnet, patented Differential Drive, 18" woofer in a front-loaded, vented enclosure. The VRX918S was designed specifically for use in arrays with the VRX932LA Line Array speaker and VRX-AF Array Frame. In addition it may also be used in arrays consisting entirely of VRX918S subwoofers.
The system offers complete input connection flexibility for compatibility with a variety of cabling schemes. A recessed, external switch allows selection of either contacts +1/-1 or +2/-2.
Equally at home in ground stacked applications, the VRX918S is equipped with a top-mounted, threaded, 20 mm socket that can receive the optionalSS4-BK pole. This adjustable height pole can be used to mount speakers equipped with standard 35 mm pole sockets and weighing up to 50 kg (100lb). The threaded socket minimizes buzzing and rattling and assures that the pole will be secure and straight.
The enclosure is constructed of top quality birch plywood, coated in JBLﾒs rugged DuraFlex finish and is heavily braced to maximize low frequencyperformance. The attractive CNC-machined, 16-gauge steel grille is internally lined with acoustically transparent foam to provide additionaldriver protection and give a very professional appearance. The rear of the enclosure is fitted with T-nuts which may be used to attach theoptional WK-4 caster kit.
- Integral rigging hardware for simple connection of VRX932LA line-arrays and optional array frame.
- 18 inch, 2268H Differential Drive woofer for extended low-frequency output
- Large port area for reduced distortion
- 20 mm threaded pole socket for solid, secure satellite speaker mounting
- System Type: 18" bass-reflex subwoofer
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 31 Hz ﾖ 220 Hz
- Frequency Response (ﾱ3 dB): 34 Hz ﾖ 220 Hz
- Input Connection Modes: Switchable, +1/-1 or +2/-2
- Recommended Crossover Frequencies: 80 Hz, 24 dB / octave HPF
- 80 Hz, 24 dB / octave LPF
- Power Rating (Continuous1 / Program / Peak): 800 W / 1600 W / 3200 W
- Maximum SPL2: 130 dB SPL peak
- Sensitivity (1w @ 1m): 95 dB SPL
- LF Driver: 1 x JBL 2268H 457 mm (18 in) Differential Drive woofer
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Active Tunings: dbx DriveRack, all models. Settings available at www.jblpro.com
- Mounting: Top mounted M20 threaded socket for optional SS4-BK pole
- Suspension / Mounting: Optional VRX-AF line array frame kit or M-10 eyebolt kit
- Enclosure: Rectangular, 18 mm, 13-ply birch plywood
- Finish: Black DuraFlex finish
- Grille: Powder coated, black, 16-gauge perforated steel with acoustical transparent charcoal foam backing.
- Input Connectors: Neutrik Speakon NL-4 (x2)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 508 mm x 597 mm x 749 mm (20.0 in x 23.5 in x 29.5 in)
- Net Weight: 37 kg (81 lb)
- Optional Accessories: SRX718S-CVR: Pull-over padded cover
- SS4-BK: Adjustable, heavy-duty pole, M20 thread to 35 mm
- WK-4: Caster kit
- VRX-AF: Array Frame Kit
- M-10 eyebolt kit