- Music playback and sound reinforcement in mid-size venues.
- Entertainers, corporate A/V professional and sound system hire companies.
VRX932LA-1 12" Two-Way Line Array Speaker
The VRX932LA-1 is a light-weight (46 lb / 21 kg) compact 12" two-way line array speaker system designed for use in arrays of up to six units. VRX932LA-1 is the ideal choice when line array performance is needed but the venue size doesnﾒt call for the very long-throw characteristics of larger line arrays such as JBLﾒs VERTEC.
The Constant Curvature waveguide mounts three compression drivers on a continuous arc. When additional VRX932LA-1 speakers are added to the array the uninterrupted arc continues. In effect, all the drivers work together as if they were a single driver on a very long waveguide. Since there are three drivers in each VRX932LA-1, the combined power handling and acoustic output of the system is far greater than a single driver could achieve.
VRX932LA-1 uses ﾓamplitude shadingﾔ to shape the coverage of the array. Switches on the input plate allow, for example, the upper box in an array to reach a distant balcony while the lower HF section is shaded back to reduce excessive level at the front of the listening area.
One or two VRX932LA-1ﾒs may also be used on a tripod or over subwoofers. The integral rigging hardware is used to securely lock the array together while the dual-angle pole socket provides aiming flexibility.
As many as six VRX932LA-1 speaker systems may be suspended in a single array for a nominal vertical coverage of up to 90ﾰ. Suspended applications require the JBL VRX-AF array frame (available separately). For applications in which the array must be aimed sharply down, a second array frame may be installed to the bottom of the array serving as a pull-back.
VRX918S subwoofers are the ideal choice for a ground-stacked or flown VRX932LA-1 system. The SRX718S subwoofer is also compatible when suspension is not required.
- Frequency Range (-10 dB)1: 57 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (ﾱ3 dB)1: 75 Hz - 20 kHz
- Coverage Pattern: 100ﾰ x 15ﾰ nominal
- Crossover Modes: Bi-amp / passive, externally switchable
- Crossover Frequency: 1.2 kHz
- Power Rating Passive: 800 W / 1600 W / 3200 W
- (Continuous/Program/Peak)2: Bi-amp LF: 800 W / 1600 W / 3200 W
- Bi-amp HF: 75 W / 150 W / 300 W
- System Maximum SPL2: 130 dB SPL peak (passive mode)
- LF: 130 dB
- HF: 139 dB
- System Sensitivity (1w @ 1m): 95 dB SPL (passive mode)
- LF: 95 dB (Bi-Amp mode)
- HF: 114 dB3 (Bi-Amp mode)
- LF Driver: 1 x JBL 2262H 305 mm (12 in) Differential Drive woofer with neodymium magnet, dual voice-coils, and dual magnetic gaps.
- HF Driver: 3 x JBL 2408J, 38 mm (1.5 in) voice-coil, neodymium compression driver
- Nominal Impedance: Passive: 8 ohm
- Bi-amp LF: 8 ohms
- Bi-amp HF: 8 ohms
- Active Tunings: Tunings available at www.jblpro.com
- Enclosure: 18 mm, 11-ply birch plywood.
- Suspension / Mounting: Optional VRX-AF line array frame kit; M-10 Eyebolt Kit
- Finish: Black DuraFlex finish
- Grille: Powder coated, black, 16-gauge perforated steel with acoustically transparent foam
- Input Connectors: Neutrik Speakon NL-4 (x2)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 349 mm x 597 mm x 381 mm (13.75 in x 23.5 in x 15.0 in)
- Net Weight: 21 kg (46 lb)
- Optional Accessories: VRX-AF: Suspension array frame
- SS2-BK: Tripod speaker stand
- SS3-BK: Satellite speaker pole
- SS4-BK: Adjustable satellite speaker pole to be used with the VRX918S and SRX718S only.
- M-10 eyebolt kit