- Music playback and sound reinforcement in mid-size venues.
- Entertainers, corporate A/V professionals and sound system hire companies.
- Permanent Installation.
The VRX932LAP is a powered, lightweight, compact 12" two-way line-array speaker system designed for use in arrays of up to five units. VRX932LAP is the ideal choice when line-array performance is needed but the venue size doesn't call for the very long-throw characteristics of larger line-arrays and a fast and easy setup is vital.
The Constant Curvature waveguide mounts three compression drivers on a continuous arc. When additional VRX932LAP speakers are added to the array the uninterrupted arc continues. In effect, all the drivers work together as if they were a single driver on a very long waveguide. Since there are three drivers in each VRX932LAP, the combined power handling and acoustic output of the system is far greater than a single driver could achieve.
VRX932LAP uses ﾓamplitude shadingﾔ to shape the coverage of the array. Switches on the input plate allow, for example, the upper box in an array to reach a distant balcony while the lower box is shaded back to reduce excessive level at the front of the listening area. This yields to a morecoherent sound field and less feedback problems.
One or two VRX932LAPﾒs may also be used on a tripod or over subwoofers. The integrated rigging hardware is used to securely lock the array together while the dual-angle pole socket provides aiming flexibility.
As many as five VRX932LAP speaker systems may be suspended in a single array for a nominal vertical coverage of up to 75ﾰ. Suspended applications require the JBL VRX-AF array frame or eye bolts (available separately).
- Built-in JBL DrivePack DPC-2 amplifier module designed by Crown provides 1750 Watts of peak power. DSP-based resident input module provides system optimization and EQ.
- JBLﾒs exclusive neodymium magnet Differential Drive woofer for high-power capacity and light-weight.
- VRX932LAP features 3 x 2408J Annular Ring Diaphragm HF drivers. The 2408 represents the latest in JBL Professional compression driver design.
- Constant Curvature waveguide for unprecedented array coherence.
- Integral rigging hardware for simple connection of enclosures and optional array frame. Dual angle pole socket for aiming flexibility.
- Array Configuration Selector permits ﾓarrayshadingﾔ.
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 57 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (ﾱ3 dB): 75 Hz - 20 kHz
- Coverage Pattern: 100ﾰ x 15ﾰ nominal
- Maximum Peak Output1: 136 dB SPL at 1m
- LF Driver: 1 x JBL 2262FF 305 mm (12 in) dual voice coil Differential Drive woofer with neodymium-magnet
- HF Driver: 3 x JBL 2408J, 38 mm (1.5 in) voice coil neodymium compression driver
- Bandpass Nominal Impedance: LF: 2 x 2 ohms
- HF: 4 ohms
- DPC-2 Internal Amplification
- Output (at nominal load): 1750 Watts Peak, 875 Watts Continuous
- DPC-2 Output as (Continuous IEC shaped pink noise into rated load impedance): LF: 750 Watts, HF: 125 Watts
- DPC-2 Output Section: LF: Dual-Bridged Technology, Class D
- HF: Bridged Class D
- Audio Input Connector: XLR with loop through
- User Controls: Input Attenuator (0-16 dB)
- ACS (Array Configuration Selector),
- HF level adjustment (+3 dB, 0 dB, -3dB)
- Signal Processing: DSP based, resident in Input Module
- System Management: DSP based limiters for mechanical and thermal protection.
- AC Power Operating Range: 90-132 VAC or 216-264 VAC, 50/60Hz
- AC Line Voltage: User selectable: 120V/240V (-15%, +10%)
- AC Input Connector: Neutrik PowerCon (NAC 3MPA)
- AC Loop Through Connector: Neutrik PowerCon (NAC 3MPB)
- AC Current Requirements: 6A per system at 120V, 3A per system at 240V
- Enclosure: 25/15 mm birch plywood.
- Suspension / Mounting: Optional VRX-AF line-array frame kit, 10mm forged eyebolts or internal dual angle 36mm pole mount cup for pole or tripod mounting
- Finish: Black DuraFlex finish
- Grille: Powder coated, black, 16-gauge perforated steel with acoustically transparent foam
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 349 mm x 597 mm x 444 mm (13.75 in x 23.5 in x 17.5 in)
- Net Weight: 24 kg (52 lb)
- Optional Accessories: VRX-AF array frame, eyebolt kit part #229-00017
- SS2-BK tripod speaker stand
- SS3-BK satellite speaker pole
- SS4-BK adjustable satellite speaker pole to be used with the
- VRX918SP and SRX718S only.