Want a mirror image of your tone, only louder? This is it. The Katana is also a fat, harmonically rich boost, just pull out on the volume knob and stretch your imagination with overdriven tone! You can keep it on all the time to push your amp harder, or as an occasional boost to cut through the mix.
- Internal Power Supply Boost - turns your 9 volts into 18!!! The power supply's high voltage is what leads to this super clean headroom pre-amp. Sound like rack or studio gear!
- JFET design - clean tones, tube like when they overdrive or clip.
- Push-Pull Speed Knob. Gain controlled by side mount knob so it can be adjust with your feet. Pull out the Speed Knob for saturated higher gain tones
- Metal Film Resistors and Caps. Ultra Low Noise Design.
- Blue LED, a Keeley Trademark!
- Silver soldered and Teflon coated wire
- Battery or DC adapter powered
- 5 Year Warranty
- 9 volt DC jack or Battery operation. DC jack at top of unit like Boss or Ibanez effects. Low current draw of 7.5mA .
Two modes, Pure Clean and High Gain
- 1. With the speed knob Pushed In, think of it as a volume control that goes to 20.
- 2. With the speed knob Pulled Out, it's a cutting boost with a bit of gain. Not quite an overdrive, just overdriven tube grit and edge to your tone.
Dual FETs for the most tube like tone in a transistor design. Power Doubling on the inside so you put 9VDC in, and Keeley uses a charge pump to nearly double operating voltage! (Caution - 9 Volt DC Maximum Input Voltage (don't try to put 18 volts to the unit hoping that the doubler will make it 36VDC!)
What do higher power supply voltage rails mean?! -> SUPER CLEAN HIGH-HEADROOM BOOST! Pull the Level knob out to switch -> Tube-like gain! THE EDGE!