The KLARK TEKNIK DN360 has been in continuous production for over twenty years with only one minor design revision, and is still the most popular analogue graphic equaliser on the planet.
It uses proportional-Q filtering, where the ﾑQﾒ value of the frequency increases as the cut or boost increases. This provides a flowing response at low cut / boost values, but also accurate frequency control at higher values.
- Two x thirty 30mm oil damped precision faders graphically positioned at 1/3 octave ISO frequencies between 25Hz-20kHz
- Proprietary circuit designs utilising "MELT" filters giving unbeatable performance
- Comprehensive standard specifications include electronically balanced inputs and LED overload indicators
- Earth lift switch enables signal and chassis grounds to be isolated eliminating ground-loop problems
- Useful low cut 18dB/octave filters preventing subsonic components from overloading speakers or amplifiers
- Equalisation by-pass allowing easy comparison between direct and equalised signals
- Scale switching gives the choice of either high fader resolution (ﾱ6dB) or normal (ﾱ12dB)
- Perspex security cover available to order, for use in permanent sound installations where system calibration has taken place
The equaliser shall provide 12dB* of attenuation and accentuation at 2x30 1/3 octave ISO centre frequencies from 25Hz-20kHz. *Selectable to 6dB for increased fader resolution.
Each equaliser shall meet or exceed the following performance specifications:
Distortion (THD+N) < 0.01% @ 1 kHz,+4 dBu
Frequency response (0.5dB (20Hz-20kHz)
Noise <-90dBu (20Hz-20kHz unweighted)
Maximum level into 600Ohm +22dBu
Each equaliser shall allow for; subsonic frequency attenuation at 18dB/octave, equalisation section by-pass and shall be failsafe, that is the unit shall return automatically to the by-pass condition in the event of power supply interruption.
Each equaliser shall use centre detented slide potentiometers arranged to give a graphical display of frequency plotted against level.
A rear panel switch shall be provided to isolate the signal ground connections, quickly and safely, from the chassis ground.
All audio connections shall be via XLR style connectors and a tamperproof front panel cover shall be available to fit the unit.
The unit shall be capable of operating from a 115/230V +/- 12% 50/60Hz AC power source.
The equaliser shall be the KLARK TEKNIK Dual Channel Model DN360, and no alternative specification option is available.