With the unrelenting absorption of signal processing into digital mixing consoles, outboard gear now has to contribute something extra special merely to justify its space in the rack. The new DN530 Creative Quad Gate does just that. It brings some exciting new tools to the audio party. The DN530 features "Transient Accenting", a creative feature providing an easy way to enhance the attack envelope beyond merely opening the gate. This can provide up to 12dB of additional transient energy and its primary application is to provide additional impact on drums and percussion instruments, although it can be used to enhance the impact of many instruments, including acoustic stringed instruments such as guitar and piano.
Transient Accenting is unique in that it allows the operator precise control over the amount of enhancement applied to each channel of processing.
The DN530 brings a creative flare to drum channels with its unique accent feature which largely eliminates the need for excessive EQ or compression.
- Quad channel gate
- It features a unique progressively controllable accent level that emphasizes the start of a signal to increase the dynamic power within percussive signals
- Gate attack is exponential which means it can be set extremely fast to reduce signal loss at the start of sounds while remaining sonically transparent - no clicks
- Gate release is reverse exponential so it can be set relatively fast and blend in seamlessly with the natural decay of the material
- Designed from an exemplary technical point of view, features extremely low noise and distortion levels
- The gate features an advanced band pass side chain filter to increase trigger source discrimination
- The gate provides rotary controls for all envelope characteristics and range
- External key inputs and ducking facilities are provided
- The status of bypass, solo and other major switches are boldly presented to avoid mistakes
- Road worthy chassis
- Balanced outputs
- Auto switching power supply