Mad Professor BlueBerry Bass Overdrive (BBBOD) is a high quality dynamic overdrive pedal for electric bass.
It was designed to get light to medium overdrive, reminiscent of vintage tube bass amplifiers.
With the Drive control, you can get natural dynamically controlled overdrive like on those old tube bass amplifiers, or more compressed thick distortion.
At lower drive settings the BBBOD distorts more the harder you strike the strings, and there is no definite clipping point, but rather different shades of distortion as the amplitude changes. Higher settings will give more compressed sounds.
With the clever Nature adjustment one can adjust the tone, and also control what register distorts. From really big and fat with low register distortion to cutting upper midrage solo bass tone.
There is enough volume to use the pedal also as a booster.
While mainly designed for bass guitar, the BBBO can also be used with other instruments for low, dynamically controlled distortion.
- VOLUME : controls output
- DRIVE: sets the amount of distortion and sustain, as well as the type of distortion.
- Lower settings give dynamically controlled overdrive, the unit distorts more the harder you strike the strings and there is no definite clipping point, but rather different shades of distortion as the amplitude changes.
- Higher settings will give more compressed sounds.
- A good starting point with most basses is fully CCW, turn the knob until you find the overdrive level that suits your playing.
- Lower settings are good for old school tube amplifier tone, while higher settings gives denser distortion.
- NATURE: is a tonecontrol for filtering and to control what register distorts.
- Turning CCW gives more lowend and also distortion in the lower registers.
- Turning CW gives an emphasis in the upper midrange for more protruding solo bass tone.
- Input impedance: approximately 500K Ohm's
- Recommended output load: 50K Ohm's or higher
- Current consumption: @ 9V DC approximately 4mA
- DC supply voltage range: 8 - 12V
- Max gain at 1KHz approximately: 50dB
- True bypass