Chorus effect is achieved by mixing dry signal with modulated signal (vibtatoed, delayed) making an effect of more than one instrument playing together same part.
Traditionally one would mix vibratoed and dry signal in equal portions to get the chorous effect, while this may lead to a metallic quality of sound.
With the EBC Blend knob you can adjust the mix of these two, and get lot of different tones, from mild to wild.
Electric Blue Chorus (EBC) uses a sinewave generator for more pleasing and gentle liquid wave sound.
The EBC has musical modulation even with stronger Chorus settings, with tones leaning into kind of vibratoed tone that differes it from many other Chorus pedals.
With Depth and Blend knobs, one can also adjust very mild, barely audible Chorus sounds that add some dimension and depth to your tone.
The EBC is also very quiet, and transparent with very little filtering. Traditional chorus pedals often had treble loss, noise or metallic tone specially when used with distortion.
EBC was designed to be used with both clean and distorted tone, and it works both in front of or after a distortion pedal.
Build the Mad Professor way: small footprint and big tone.
- BLEND: his is a control for setting the mix of modulated and dry sound. Turn up for intense effect
- DEPTH: this a control for setting modulation depth, turn up for deeper effect.
- SPEED: this is a control for setting the speed of the internal oscillator
Sample settings (clock positions):
- Strong Chorus: Blend: 5 Depth: 3 Speed: 12
- Floating vibe-tone: Blend: 5 Depth: 4 Speed: 10
- Fast rotating speaker: Blend: 3 Depth: 3 Speed: 5
- Mild Chorus: Blend: 12 Depth: 12 Speed: 12
Turning Depth up you get wild Vibrato tone.
EBC before overdrive makes more of a floting one.
- Input impedance: 400K Ohm's
- Recommended output load: 2K Ohm's
- Current consumption: @ 9V DC approximately 40mA
- DC supply voltage range: 9- 12V
- True bypass