Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive (SHOD) is a super touch sensitive medium gain overdrive pedal.
This pedal is now offered as a lower priced pcb-model. Both share the same specs and tone.
It is designed to overdrive distorted amplifiers and give dynamically controlled light overdrive on clean sounds.
Distortion level can be controlled by pick attack and pickup strenght. Harder picking for overdrive and softer for cleaner tone.
With the unique Focus control you can adjust the feel and dynamics of the pedal as well as overal EQ.
Turning Focus CCW you need to play harder to get distortion and the tone is softer, great for jazz and blue.
Focus turned CW gives a slight treble boost and earlier distortion.
This type of overdrive has previously only been found in the BJF Honey Bee but is now presented in Mad Professor version. The Mad Professor SHOD has a tighter sound and is more versatile as it was designed to work with all kinds of guitars and amplifiers.
This versatile pedals stacks well with all kind of other pedals and suits for huge variety of different music styles.
- VOLUME: sets the output volume
- DRIVE: controls the amount of overdrive.
- FOCUS: Controls how easily the circuit distorts as well as adjusting overall EQ. Turning CCW gives less distortion and a mellow effect, turning CW gives a slight treble boost and earlier distortion. Good starting point is 11 o’clock.
- Supply voltage range: 7,5 to 18VDC
- Current consumption at 9VDC: 5 mA
- Input inpedance: 260K
- Output impedance: 25K Ohm's
- Complete bypass (true bypass)