The MicMAID matrix-switcher saves precious studio time and dramatically increases efficiency by allowing for “live” audition of up to four mics and four preamps in any combination. With its convenient level-matching capabilities, user-programmable routing schemes, and thoughtful monitor features, the best mic/mic preamp combination for every session can be instantly chosen. Any mic, any preamp, any time.
- FOUR Microphones A/B/C/D matrix to FOUR external Microphone preamplifiers 1/2/3/4
- LOCK each selection combination for comparison
- Front-panel 1/4" Direct Input with Variable Phase circuit and Ground Lift switch
- THRU: mirrored output of the Direct Input
- Low/High range select for Variable Phase all-pass filter
- Remote Fader jack for manual gain riding
- Polarity Switch flips phase 180degrees for selected Matrix path
- MONITOR SECTION has ±19.5 dB gain trim for each signal path
- STORE and RECALL settings for gain, mic & pre combinations
- Phantom Power selection for each microphone A/B/C/D
- DIRECT OUTPUT provided for each micpreamp return
- Pickle Remote can step through each microphone or each preamplfier for "sweet spot" selection
- Variable illumination brightness user-selectable in three levels
- High-quality, gold-contact sealed relays used throughout
- Neutrik gold-contact XLR jacks
- Input Impedance: ≈ 120K Ohms
- Gain Ratio: 12:1 Step down.
- Voltage Gain: -22 dB (Signal Source: Sine 1 kHz, +4dBu, 6K8 Ohm Source Impedance, 1K Ohm secondary load impedance)
- Matrix Crosstalk:
- Leakage from adjacent microphone inputs: ≥ 117 dB (1 kHz sine)
- Leakage from adjacent Preamp sends: ≥ 107 dB (1 kHz Sine)
- Microphone Inputs terminated with source Z=150 Ohm, Preamps sends terminated with 2K7 Ohm load
- Gain: ±19.5 dB (.5 db steps)
- Frequency response: ±.5 db 10 Hz- 100 kHz
- Outputs: XLR Electronically Balanced
- Output Impedance: 66 Ohms
- Max Output Level: +28dbu into 100K load @ .025% THD+ NOISE
- Distortion: 0.003% THD+NOISE
- Bandwidth: 22 Hz - 22 kHz, Unity gain, into 100K Ohm load
- Noise Floor: -90dbu A-weighted
- Dynamic Range: 118 db
- ICMMR: ≥ 86 dB (1 kHz sine, 50mV input)
- Note: Mon/Rec active stage ALWAYS "looks" at selected PREAMP as its signal source.
DIMS AND POWER
- Power Consumption Idle: 12 watts 0.1 Amp @ 120V
- Power Consumption Maximum: 20 watts 0.17 Amp @ 120V
- Mains Fuse: 500mA @ 100~120VAC; 250mA @ 220 ~ 240VAC
- Mains Fuse type: 5mm x 20mm SLO-BLO GDC glass fuse, 250V AC rating
- NOTE: Operating mains voltage: Units are purpose built for original destination country's mains voltage: 100V, 120V, or 220-240VAC as indicated on the serial number badge. The power transformer in this unit must be rewired in order to change mains operating voltage.
- Unit Size:19" x 10" x 3.5" (occupies 2u)
- Unit Weight: xx lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 19 dim. (international); 17 lbs. (USA)
- Shipping Box Dimensions: 23" x 15" x 9"