Two complete Reference Gold microphones in one chassis, the Manley Stereo Gold mic is the holy grail for audiophile stereo recordings. Its rotatable capsule and continuously variable pattern capabilities can capture piano richness or detailed drum nuances in the studio or in the concert hall with supreme fidelity.
The STEREO version of our GOLD REFERENCE microphone is identical in every respect to the MONO GOLD REFERENCE but with two complete and carefully matched systems installed in one case with the upper capsule being fixed and the lower capsule being continuously ROTATABLE through 90 degrees for M-S and X-Y BLUMLEIN-STYLE coincident pair recording technique. Each capsule has its own continuously variable PATTERN control and individual -10dB PAD switch.
The all-tube electronics in the MANLEY REFERENCE SERIES MICROPHONES are built around two triodes in cascade forming an entire gain-block. We have recently switched to a dual-triode 12AT7 tube, easily obtainable and replaceable, mounted in a ceramic socket. The output is coupled through a MANLEY output transformer of unparalleled quality and substantial physical size employing nickel laminations with "hum bucking" bi-filar windings, encased in mu-metal. The polar pattern control is continuously variable between the OMNI, CARDIOID, and FIGURE 8 positions vastly increasing this mic’s versatility. The Gold Mics make it possible to exactly tailor the proximity effect to achieve the desired character. Manley has chosen a very open weave stainless-steel grille for the capsule window which allows all the highs to reach the capsule unimpaired letting the engineer choose if, when, and how much pop screen is appropriate. As a result, the Reference Gold reaches to the furthest extremes of highs and lows with gorgeous natural acoustic smoothness.
- All-Tube triode design: 2 x 12AT7 specially selected for lowest noise (MIC GRADE)
- -10 dB switchable pads for each channel
- Frequency response: 10Hz-30KHz
- Sensitivity: 17mV/Pa
- Noise typically -120dB EIN
- Max SPL: 150dB
- Weight: 2.5 lbs (mic)
- Weight: 2.5 lbs (PSU)
- Size: 4.5" x 12.5" x 4.5" (mic)
- Size: 5" x 8.2" x 3.4" (PSU)
- Shipping weight: 15 lbs
- Custom transformerless internal preamp version also available to order
- Outboard Power Supply is factory set for 100V, 120V or 220-240VAC operation for original destination country's mains voltage.
- Operating Mains Voltage changeable with power transformer re-wiring via internal jumpers and fuse value change.
- Mains Voltage Frequency: 50~ 60Hz
- Mains Fuse: 250mA @ 100~120V; 125mA @ 220~240V operation
- Power Consumption: 70mA @ 120V = 8.4 Watts