The first in a line from the MXR Custom Badass design team, the MXR Custom Badass ﾒ78 Distortion is a factory-modded pedal that roars with huge amp stack tones and old school tube amp-like distortion.
We took a classic distortion circuit and hot-rodded it to the next level for over-the-top soaring leads and rich, saturated rhythms. With only three knobs, dialing in Badass tone is a cinch. The CRUNCH button allows you to choose between two different modes of diode and LED clipping, boosting the harmonic content of the distortion.
The '78 Distortion's wide open amp-like sound sounds great whether it's in front of a clean amp, a slightly dirty amp, or a full on overdriven amp. Under the hood, this high performance machine features top notch circuitry and hardware meant for a lifetime of use.
Custom Badass '78 Distortion M78
- A hot-rodded classic circuit.
- Roars with huge amp stack tones and old school distortion.
- Delivers soaring leads and rich, saturated rhythms.
- CRUNCH button boosts harmonic content of distortion.
- Input Impedance: 1 mOhm
- Output Impedance 6 kOhm
- Normal Imput Level -22
- Max Output Level Crunch Off: -5dBV
- Max Output Level Crunch On: -2 dBV
- Noise Floor -84 dBV
- Distortion Range: 27 dB at 500 Hz
- Max System Gain: 43 dB
- Tone Control Tilt EQ: +- 4dB at 100 Hz
- Tone Control Tilt EQ: +- 5dB at 2 kHz
- Bypass: True Hardwire
- Current Draw LEDs OFF: 2.5 mA
- Current Draw LEDs ON: 6 mA
- Power Supply 9 volts DC