The MC402 Boost/Overdrive offers the combination of a simple dynamic overdrive and an independent clean boost circuitﾗall in one compact pedal. The overdrive section is truly "classic", adding warmth, sustain and punch, without coloring your sound. It can go from a bluesy, slightly overdriven sound to full-metal crunch with a twist of the gain knob. The MC402 also cleans up nicely when you roll back your guitar volume, making it extremely touch sensitive and responsive to picking dynamics, without becoming thin sounding. The boost circuit alone is a bonus, as it is the exact same circuit CAE has used for years to solve a wide variety of signal conditioning problems in major guitar systems. The MC402's high quality components provide quiet operation and trouble-free interaction with other pedals on your board. In keeping with the CAE tradition, the design is simple and straight forward, with a minimum of controlsﾗonly what is necessary to do the job.
Power: Dunlop ECB003 AC Adapter or Single 9-volt battery Not Included
MC402 Boost/Overdrive MC402
- Dynamic overdrive/distortion.
- Sensitive and responsive to touch and picking dynamics.
- Up to +20dB of uncolored clean boost.
- Input Impedance: 1meg Ohm
- Normal Input: -22dBV
- Output Impedance: Boost ON <150 Ohm, Overdrive ON/Boost OFF <15K Ohm
- Output Level: -22dBV
- Boost Gain: 20dB
- Bypass Type: True Hardwire
- Signal to Noise All Controls at Mid Position: <87dB A weighted
- Power Draw: <5.5mA