The new standard for home recording and the music industry. The mic for everyone who, despite budget limitations, does not want to do without the uncompromising Neumann sound. Cardioid directional characteristic and very low self-noise.
The TLM 103* is the ideal large diaphragm microphone for all professional and semi-professional applications requiring the utmost in sound quality on a limited budget.
By utilizing the tried and true transformerless circuit found in numerous Neumann microphones, the TLM 103 features yet unattained low self-noise and the highest sound pressure level transmission. The capsule, derived from that used in the U 87, has a cardioid pattern, is acoustically well-balanced and provides extraordinary attenuation of signals from the rear.
The TLM 103 is available in satin nickel. Delivery includes an SG 1 metal swivel mount and a wooden jeweler's box.
The TLM 103 is equipped with a large diaphragm capsule with cardioid pattern. By focusing on this pattern – used in most recording situations – the attenuation of unwanted rear sound has been optimized. Off-axis sounds are rendered naturally while isolation is increased. This also leads to a high feedback suppression when the microphone is used in live situations or where loudspeaker playback is a factor.
Includes K103 Capsule, SG-1 and box.
- Large diaphragm cardioid microphone
- Pressure gradient transducer with with one-diaphragm capsule
- Transformerless circuitry
- Extremely low noise: 7 dB-A
- Includes swivel mount
- Straightforward handling for homerecording and professional studios
- High-quality professional equipment for limited budgets
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 23 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR): 17.5 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted): 7 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 76.5 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 87 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%): 138 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 13 dBu
- Dynamic range of the microphone amplifier (A-weighted): 131 dB
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938): 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 3 mA
- Matching connector: XLR3F
- Weight: approx. 450 g
- Diameter: 60 mm
- Length: 132 mm