Allman Brothers singer Gregg Allman has announced his first solo album in 14 years. On Low Country Blues, the rock legend will pay tribute to his blues roots, delivering songs made famous by Muddy Waters, B.B. King and Junior Wells. The album, produced by T-Bone Burnett, will be available on January 18.
“When you have new record it always feels different,” Allman said in a statement. “It’s been too long. I guess I was just born with a lot of gypsy in my soul.”
Low Country Blues, named for the area of Georgia where Allman lives, also will feature one original song, “Just Another Rider,” co-written by Gregg’s Allman Brothers bandmate Warren Haynes. Recorded in Los Angeles, the release features the work of Dr. John and guitarist Doyle Bramhall II.
Gregg Allman, Low Country Blues
1. “Floating Bridge” (Sleepy John Estes)
2. “Little By Little” (Junior Wells)
3. “Devil Got My Woman” (Skip James)
4. “I Can’t Be Satisfied” (Muddy Waters)
5. “Blind Man” (Bobby Bland)
6. “Just Another Rider” (Gregg Allman and Warren Haynes)
7. “Please Accept My Love” (B.B. King)
8. “I Believe I’ll Go Back Home” (Traditional)
9. “Tears Tears Tears” (Amos Milburn)
10. “My Love is Your Love” (Samuel Maghett)
11. “Checking on My Baby” (Otis Rush)
12. “Rolling Stone” (Traditional)