PC: Wikimedia Commons; Metallica's self titled album
also known as The Black Album
In honor of Metallica’s Black album finally being old enough to legally drink (that’s 21 years old for those of you not here in the States), UK’s Kerrang! magazine will be releasing a special tribute album in next week's issue (June 20) featuring the legendary record’s tunes covered by a wide range of fierce metal bands.
Titled The Black Album: Covered, it will feature notable metal bands such as the Defied, Lost Alone, Hawk Eyes, Rise to Remain and Your Demise, among others, and have all put their own spin on Metallica’s well known tracks.
Back in 2009, The Black Album handedly outsold the runner up, Shania Twain’s Come On Over (1997), becoming the number one selling disc of the SoundScan era. For those of you interested in the numbers The Black Album has sold over 15.7 million copies to date in the United States alone, which as any artist can tell you is not bad at all!
Here is the track listing for The Black Album: Covered:
01. Rise to Remain - “Enter Sandman”
02. Your Demise - “Sad But True”
03. DevilDriver - “Holier Than Thou”
04. The Defiled - “Unforgiven”
05. Yashin - “Wherever I May Roam”
06. Hawk Eyes - “Don’t Tread on Me”
07. Evile - “Through the Never”
08. LostAlone - “Nothing Else Matters”
09. Savage Messiah - “Of Wolf and Man”
10. Black Spiders - “The God That Failed”
11. Motionless in White - “My Friend of Misery”
12. Devil Sold His Soul - “The Struggle Within”