The Ozzy-Era box set is set to go on sale December 12
Wednesday is finally here! But before we go and day dream about the weekend ahead, let’s check out what’s going on in the world of rock.
Looks like the good folks over at TMZ are reporting that Ted Nugent drummer Mick Brown has pled guilty to OWI – operating while intoxicated – yesterday at the Penobscot Judicial Centre in Maine.
For those of you who don’t remember this hilarious story that broke a few months ago, Brown was arrested back in just after hijacking a golf cart back stage after a Nugent show. Things took a turn towards the ridiculous when Brown proceeded to lead police on a low-speed chase throughout a nearby town.
His punishment? A hefty $1,000 fine and the suspension of his license for 90 days. Luckily for Brown though, it could have been much worse. Other charges levied on Brown which included assault, theft by unauthorized use of property and driving to endanger were all dismissed.
And good news for all of you classic Black Sabbath fans as Hennemusic is reporting that the band has announced an upcoming UK release of a brand new box set solely featuring music from the Ozzy era.
“Black Sabbath – The Vinyl Collection: 1970 – 1978” is set to hit stores on December 12th and will include a few extras for good measure.
Albums in the box set include: Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Master of Reality (with poster), Volume 4 (with photo insert book), Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Sabotage, Technical Ecstasy, Never Say Die and Live At Last.
That’s not all though, check out the rest of the features below:
- 9×12” LP: full reproductions of the original album releases, remastered from the band’s personal archives on 180-gram heavyweight vinyl.
- 7” single: featuring the band’s debut single 'Evil Woman' and non-album B-side 'Wicked World'.
- 12” x 12” hard-backed book: containing original tour programmes from 1970, 1975, 1976 and 1978.
- "Back to Black Sabbath" download voucher: for easy download of the full set
- Remastered at a 24-bit/96kHz resolution for a listening experience closer than ever before to being in the studio at the original Black Sabbath recording sessions.
- Exclusive limited edition 12×12 print of the box set design. Only 50 prints available.