Series Description: The legendary cymbals that defined the sound of generations of drummers since the early days of Rock. The present 2002 is built on the foundation of the original classic cymbals and is expanded by modern sounds for today's progressive popular music.
- Since: 1971
- Alloy: CuSn8 Bronze, also known as "2002 Bronze"
- Applications: Medium soft to very loud settings Live and recording Classic Rock, Blues, Punk, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal & most Modern Metal styles, Crossover, Country Rock, Ska, Rockabilly, Funk, R&B, Soul, Gospel and modern hybrids rooted in those styles
- Sound: Brilliant, clear, warm, strong, musical and very precise with high energy levels and powerfully reliable projection
2002 Cup Chime
- Sizes: 7"
- Weight: medium
- Volume: soft to medium loud
- Stick Sound: dry, pingy
- Intensity: lively
- Sustain: long
- Bell Character: full, loud
- Sound Character: Bright, warm, full, brilliant. Wide range, clean mix. Soft, extremely responsive. Explosive, shattering, glassy attack with modulating warm, full, long fade. Features an exotic, very dominant center tone with lively, flanging over- and undertones. Available individually or as sets on hardware mountable 5 and 7 arm holders. Well suited for upside down mounting over a ride bell.