Series Description: The legendary cymbals that defined the sound of generations of drummers since the early days of Rock. The present 2002 is built on the foundation of the original classic cymbals and is expanded by modern sounds for today's progressive popular music.
- Since: 1971
- Alloy: CuSn8 Bronze, also known as "2002 Bronze"
- Applications: Medium soft to very loud settings Live and recording Classic Rock, Blues, Punk, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal & most Modern Metal styles, Crossover, Country Rock, Ska, Rockabilly, Funk, R&B, Soul, Gospel and modern hybrids rooted in those styles
- Sound: Brilliant, clear, warm, strong, musical and very precise with high energy levels and powerfully reliable projection
2002 Sound Edge Hi-Hat
- Weight: medium top / medium heavy bottom
- Volume: medium soft to loud
- Stick Sound: pronounced
- Intensity: lively
- Sustain: medium
- Chick Sound: sharp, pronounced
- Sound Character: Medium bright, full, warm, brilliant. Wide range, fairly complex mix. Fast, responsive feel. Full, bright, energetic open sound. Sharp, full chick sound. The original, patented, wavy bottom hi-hat.